At BMC, we specialize in supporting ITSM environments with innovative, modern solutions. Two software solutions, BMC Helix ITSM and BMC Helix Remedyforce, offer a variety of features and benefits with some overlap. Let’s explore the key features, benefits, and differences in these groundbreaking solutions.
BMC Helix - The Future of Service and Operations Management
BMC Helix is the first and only end-to-end service and operations platform that’s integrated with 360-degree intelligence. Built for the cloud, this reimagined service and operations experience is unrivaled, giving you:
- Single pane of glass for ITSM and ITOM functions
- BMC Helix ITSM optimized for ITIL® 4
- Enterprise-wide service including IT, HR, Facilities, and Procurement
- An omni-channel experience across Slack, Chatbot, Skype, and more
- Cloud native micro-services platform for your enterprise
- Automation with conversational bots and RPA bots
- More than 7,500 IT organizations trust BMC ITSM solutions. See why and learn more about BMC Helix ›
What is BMC Helix ITSM?
Service management is being disrupted by a variety of technologies, like AI, machine learning, chatbots, and virtual agents—and your company needs to keep up. BMC Helix ITSM responds to this challenge by incorporating these tools to transform your ITSM environment.
The experience centers on persona-driven user experiences, resulting result in more productivity with less effort: working smarter. Users can take advantage of modern interfaces, cross-device functionality, built-in templates, reports, and guides, and instant, actionable insights. BMC Helix ITSM is delivered in the cloud or on premises, giving you an unprecedented choice.
- Modern persona-based UX optimized across devices
- Comprehensive and intuitive service and change management capabilities
- BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management provides a seamless service experience across multi-cloud environments
- Cognitive automation capabilities that transform the agent experience
- Powerful, stunning reports and visualizations allowing data driven insights
- Container deployment lets you run BMC Helix ITSM on any type of public cloud
- Cognitive automation increases service desk efficiency up to 45%
- Central, single-pane of glass management across multi-cloud environments
- Integrated collaboration tools to help agents better resolve issues
- Optimized across devices so you choose what works for you
- Drag-and-drop report creation with stunning visuals
- Quick time-to-value with out-of-the-box ITIL®, best practice reports, and KPIs
What Customers Say About BMC Helix ITSM
“Remedy is our internal system for managing technologies in a way that lets us knowingly deliver brilliant service experiences to our customers. It provides the means for changing the conversation with our customers and operating from the standpoint of their experience, not the standpoint of technology.” — Paul Pattinson, Head of Service Management, O2
“Remedy cut support costs and made us more proactive in supporting the schools. Our custom applications automate non-IT functions such as tracking correspondence, triggering emergency notifications, and scheduling training—reducing costs in those areas as well.” — Kim Olds Abner, Remedy Administrator, AACPS
Want to learn more? Check out the BMC Helix ITSM overview.
Interested in a free trial? Try BMC Helix ITSM today.
What is BMC Helix Remedyforce?
Built on Salesforce with speed and flexibility in mind, BMC Helix Remedyforce (formerly known as Remedyforce) enables you to deliver high-speed cognitive service management that empowers your users and accelerates your business, with minimal capital investment. Thanks to its speedy deployment, pain-free integration, and easy maintenance, BMC Helix Remedyforce facilitates the flow of data among people, teams, and departments.
- Intelligent, omni-channel self-service with Chatbots that extend to Skype, Slack, mobile, and we bots
- Comprehensive functionality. Incident, problem, change, service level management, self-service, discovery and asset management
- Intuitive dashboards and reporting. Resolve 90% of IT issues on the first call; show key business metrics in real time
- Configuration, not customization. Deploy new technologies and services without coding or scripting, using existing Salesforce staff
- No software or hardware to install or manage. Seamless upgrades (with no downtime) twice a year with simple, value-based pricing
- The stability of the world’s leading cloud platform, Salesforce, helps you realize value and reduce ongoing maintenance
- Transform your IT department from reactive to proactive and predictive
- Improve business satisfaction up to 30% by streamlining processes and expediting request fulfillment
- Reduce audit prep time as much as 96% with out-of-the-box and automated reporting
- Realize value in 45 days or less, so you can support your business quickly
- Support your business beyond IT (ex. HR and Facilities management)
- Leverage the power of the Salesforce platform with over 3,400 applications
What Customers Say About BMC Helix Remedyforce
“Remedyforce captures data and generates meaningful reports that provide managers at all levels with visibility into what’s happening in their departments. As a result, they have actionable data that improves decision making.” — Steven Vandamme, Global Chief Information Officer, Barry Callebaut Group
“With Remedyforce, our service levels have dramatically improved. Customers have one place to go for any kind of help that they need, and we’ve been able to replace multiple legacy tools with a single, comprehensive solution that simplifies IT workflows across our enterprise.”
— Pauline Mulvey, Vice President of Enterprise Business Technology, Mitchell
Want to learn more? Check out the BMC Helix Remedyforce overview.
Ready to take a test drive? Start your free trial of BMC Helix Remedyforce.
Differences between BMC Helix ITSM and BMC Helix Remedyforce
Determining whether to use BMC Helix ITSM or BMC Helix Remedyforce might come down to who’s using the solution, how, and why.
Consider your preferred environment: BMC Helix ITSM can be delivered how you need it—in your preferred cloud, in a hybrid environment, or on-premises in your data center. BMC Helix Remedyforce is available solely via the Salesforce platform, which offers plenty of built-in and add-on services, but without an on-premises option.
Both solutions support a wide range of industries and go beyond IT. BMC Helix ITSM might better suit companies with advanced I&O maturity who need highly-customized, ultra-modern options.
Mid-market companies often prefer BMC Helix Remedyforce because of its innovative, out-of-the-box capabilities and reduced configurability, which accelerate time to market. The agile onboarding process reduces time spent on training, deployment, and implementation by up to 75 percent, which means you’ll realize your value in 45 days or less.
To figure out which solution is the best fit for your organization, contact BMC Sales today to schedule a consultation to discuss your specific needs and business requirements.