Each year, hundreds of tech and IT conferences deliver access to top professionals, sneak peeks of the latest technologies, and unique networking opportunities that can help you advance your career. With so many available, however, how can you choose?
We have researched and curated a list of the top IT and tech conferences of 2022 and are excited to share it with you. This list is ordered by date and will be updated regularly, so check back often.
Feel free to reach out if you would like to add a tech/IT conference to the directory. To be considered, please email all details including the conference name, dates of the event, location, and a link to the event’s website to email@example.com.
(This article is part of our IT Conferences & Events Guide. Use the right-hand menu to navigate.)
Top IT Conferences of 2022
Date: February 2-3, May 4-5, October 5-6
Digital Workplace Experience (DWX) is turning their usual three-day event into a series of free virtual events throughout the year. The focus of these events is on successful digital workplaces and how your company can become one. This event offers unparalleled access to the latest independent research and the professionals who are leading industry advancements.
Each of the events has its own theme:
- February 2-3: Welcome to the New Now of Employee Experience
- May 4-5: Embracing and Optimizing the Hybrid Workplace
- October 5-6: The Top Conference for Digital Workplace Leaders
Some speakers of the 2022 events will include Carla Harris, Vice Chairman and Managing Director at Morgan Stanley; Loran Nordgren, Professor at the Kellogg School of Management and Author of The Human Element; Alexandra Samuel, Tech Writer and Data Journalist, Author of Remote, Inc.; and Tom Wujec, Expert on Innovation and Author of The Future of Making.
Date: March 15-17
The Summit is focused on all things customer experience, offering actionable insights on how to best serve your customers, drive business growth, and increase customer loyalty. Attendees at the Adobe Summit will gain valuable ideas, tools, and techniques for making the most of Adobe Marketing Cloud. Thanks to this summit, you can learn how to bring all your content and data together in one place.
Some of the content tracks of the 2022 event will cover:
- Analytics for Customer Journeys
- B2B Marketing
- Collaborative Work Management
- Content Management for Personalized Experiences
- Customer Data Management
- Omnichannel Marketing and Optimization
- Personalization at Scale
- Trends and Inspiration
Date: March 29-30
Location: In-person and online
Cost: Virtual- $850, In-person- $2,895
MIT Technology Review is back in person for the latest in its EmTech Events Series: EmTech Digital 2022, the esteemed media outlet’s annual event on everything AI.
Join industry leaders, executives, and experts as they examine last year’s amazing advances in AI and discuss the most pressing issues in AI adoption, ethics, and trust. Featured topics of discussion include:
- Better Data, Better AI
- Innovation to Reality
- Harness What’s Possible at the Edge
- Generative AI Solutions
- What’s Next for Deep Learning
- Making AI Work for All
Date: May 10-11
Location: Online and In-person
IBM Think is IBM’s global flagship conference and is the premier conference for AI, cloud, security, and IT infrastructure. The event is for anyone interested in transforming industries and creating better solutions, whether you are a developer, designer, architect, security executive, or analyst.
The conference includes top keynotes, over 200 sessions, and plenty of opportunities for networking with topics that span the Cloud, Dev, Internet of Things, Mobile, Security, Watson, and IBM Research.
Date: March 27-30
Location: Dallas, Texas
Cost: $2,199- $2,899
SHARE is an event handcrafted by volunteers to help professionals expand knowledge, enhance skills, and increase organizational efficiency by focusing on SHARE’s three main tenets: Educate, Network, Influence. SHARE provides an opportunity for attendees to enjoy a longstanding tradition of advancing the enterprise technology industry through interactive meetups, networking events, keynotes, and sessions.
Some tracks of the 2022 event include:
- Container technology
- Mainframe hardware
- Software architecture
- Women in IT
- New and innovative technologies
- Data center management
BMC will be participating as a Silver sponsor with booth #107.
- Mon. 3/28, 8:00AM in Cumberland AM: MVS Program Opening and Keynote panel featuring April Hickel, BMC VP of Strategy
- Mon. 3/28, 3:30PM in Cumberland L: Tailor Fit- Consumed Too Much, Time for a Diet? by Donald Zeunert, Principal Software Consultant
- Tues. 3/29, 7:00AM in Reunion Ballroom A: (PSP) Ransomware, The Dark Web & Cyber Resiliency by Mark Wilson, Sr. Director Consulting Services
- Tues. 3/29, 8:00AM in Reunion Ballroom B: Data Leakage Protection (DLP) & IBM Z – What’s the Story? by Mark Wilson, Sr. Director Consulting Services
- Wed. 3/30, 8:00AM in Cumberland IJ: Integrity and Mainframes, What Does it Really Mean by Mark Wilson, Sr. Director Consulting Services (*live stream)
- Wed. 3/30, 10:30AM in Cumberland EF: Mainframe Testing Perspectives by Devanand Karunakaran, Sr. SW Consultant (*live stream)
- Wed. 3/30, 11:45AM in Ballroom B: (Lunch & Learn Sponsored Session) ISPW Together With Git Can Take Your DevOps to the Next Level by Tony Anter, DevOps Evangelist and Technologist
- Wed. 3/30, 1:00PM in Reunion Ballroom B: (PSP) The Evolution to Intelligent Monitoring: Adding AI, Machine Learning in Embedded Expertise, and Automated Diagnostics by Glenn Everitt, Principal Product Manager
- Wed. 3/30, 3:30pm in Reunion Ballroom A: Mainframe Inclusive DevOps- Automated Environment Build and Testing by Devanand Karunakaran, Sr. SW Consultant & Neil Gilford, Sr. SW Consultant
Date: June 1-3
Location: Santa Clara, California
The Augmented World Expo (AWE) is the largest conference and expo on augmented reality in the world. Held each year in Santa Clara, California, this three-day event brings together a huge mix of industry leaders and enthusiasts, including CEOs, CTOs, designers, developers, creative agencies, futurists, analysts, investors, and the top media outlets. AWE brings together more than 5,000 attendees from all over the world, with a large percentage of them representing Fortune 1000 companies.
The 2022 conference is back live and in-person so you can expect the speakers and sessions to be bigger than ever. Learn how startups are creating solutions and organizations are using AR & VR to drive economic growth, encourage empathy and collaboration, democratize healthcare and education, and change the world.
Date: June 7-8
Cost: $800-$1,200 per person
Tailored to decision-makers across all industries, EmTech Next is a three-day online event that will examine the impact and lessons learned over this past year as we continue to navigate through a forever-changed workforce. Hear from the experts on how advancements in technologies and leadership strategies will advance organizations through a newly revolutionized business world.
Past topics have included:
- AI’s impact on workplace productivity, worker privacy, and customer personalization
- Critical workforce development as emerging technologies outpace skills
- Resiliency leadership lessons to prepare for the next crisis
- Normalizing remote work through the optimization of in-person, hybrid, and distributed offices
- Business action plans for a world and workforce that demands diversity and seeks social responsibility
Date: June 14-15
Location: Online & in-person in New York, New York
Cost: Virtual is free, in-person is $499
Whether you are attending virtually or in-person in NYC, MarketplaceLIVE is the place where the complete community of cloud and digital stakeholders can come together to learn, cross-pollinate ideas, and get inspired in an immersive environment. The event will feature a variety of options, including:
- Keynotes & speakers
- Customer stories
- Networking with like-minded peers
- Interactive exhibit spaces
- Happy hours
- Fireside chats
The theme of MarketplaceLIVE 2022 is “Living on the Edge”, with all sessions and keynotes to relate to this future-focused mindset and how organizations can push the limits to usher in the next era of innovation. Some of the topics covered will cover ideas of how different industries can embrace the edge, such as art, enterprises, humanity, finance, and entertainment.
Date: June 14-16
Location: Malaga, Spain
The Digital Enterprise Show (DES) by the Digital World Congress is the world’s leading event on Digital Transformation. The event showcases some of the most cutting-edge technology and aims to connect innovative companies in AI, IoT, Blockchain, Cloud, Cybersecurity, AR/VR, Big Data, and Marketing Automation.
There are sessions for everyone whether you are focused on e-commerce, CRM, digital trust, social media, marketing automation, email marketing, digital marketing, or UX.
Date: June 15-16
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The Dublin Tech Summit is a two-day event that brings together the top global leaders in technology, innovation, and business to help shape the future of trends and technologies. The tech summit saw over 8,000 virtual attendees from 60+ countries last year, quickly solidifying its place as one of the biggest newcomers in the tech conference space.
Sessions follow the eight core themes of the conference: The Internet of Things, Big Data, FinTech, Innovation, MusicXTech, Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, and Cyber Security.
Date: June 16-17
Cost: Starts at €650
TNW Conference is a highly anticipated technology festival that brings together international technology executives, top-tier investors, and promising startups for two days of business and knowledge sharing. Over the past 12 editions, TNW Conference has grown from a 200-person event to one of the leading technology events, bringing together 15,000 attendees a day and 3,500 companies from all over the world.
Some speakers from past events include:
- David Cancel, CEO & Founder, Drift
- Ben Hammersley, Futurist, Wired
- Mary Gray, Senior Principal Researcher, Microsoft Research
- Mark Adams, Head of Innovation, Vice
- JPupurna Virji, Senior Manager of Global Engagement, Microsoft
Date: June 19-22
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Cost: $2,495- $2,995
Now in its 25th hugely successful year, the annual Pink Elephant 2022 Conference is back with something for everyone. Globally recognized as the world’s premier IT Service Management Conference, Pink25 will cover a vast array of subjects ranging from strategic, tactical, and operational.
Pink has the undisputed reputation for bringing in some of the top experts to speak and present, cultivating what is widely acknowledged as the most content rich program in the industry, including:
- Michael Abrashoff, Former Navy Commander, USS Benfold
- Ben Nemtin, Bestselling Author
- Gene Kim, CTO, Researcher, Founder of IT Revolution, and Co-author of The Phoenix Project, The DevOps Handbook, and The Unicorn Project
Meet BMC at Pink! If you’re seeking to understand why and how to implement best practices according to ITIL, Lean IT, Agile, Scrum or DevOps through strategic, tactical, and operational disciplines, please join us. BMC will be showcasing our BMC Helix SaaS based solutions.
Join us during our Thought Leadership and Lunch and Learn sessions, and continue the ITSM discussion at BMC booth #410 to chat with our experts and find out how we can help your business become an Autonomous Digital Enterprise.
Date: June 21-22
Presented by the world’s leading research and advisory company, the Gartner Digital Workplace Summit will give attendees the chance to be the first to hear about emerging trends and the latest predictions surrounding the future of work. It also provides an action plan to build the digital workplace of tomorrow and offers real-world solutions for leaders to leverage these technologies in their organization.
Previous topics that have been covered at this conference include Gartner Frameworks for Managing Your Digital Workplace, Getting the Most Out of Digital Adoption Solutions, and How to Effectively Manage Hybrid Workers in a Distributed Workplace.
Date: July 9-14
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
The International Db2 Users Group (IDUG®) is the foremost independent, user-driven community that provides a direct channel to thousands of professional Db2 users across the globe. IDUG’s annual North American event brings Db2 professionals together online this year.
Attendees can expect to experience the latest in Db2 technologies, networking opportunities, and the technical content needed to be successful. Some of the tracks and topics covered at past events include:
- New Db2 releases: migrating and effective usage
- Analytics & Business Intelligence
- New Technologies: Mobile Applications, Cloud, XaaS
- Performance, Availability & Security
- Application Development and Data Modeling
Date: August 22-24
Location: Orlando, FL
Another industry-leading event from Gartner, this Data & Analytics Summit focuses exactly on that: how your organization can develop a resilient data and analytics strategy that leverages both data-driven decision making and AI. This event is for everyone in your data analytics function, from technical- to senior-level strategy.
The 2022 conference will offer a variety of tracks:
- Track A: Leadership and Skills: Be the Change Maker
- Track B: Business Strategy and Value: Optimize Impact
- Track C: Trust, Governance, and Privacy: An Urgent Imperative
- Track D: Analytics Everywhere: Better Decisions Realize Value
- Track E: Data Science and Machine Learning: Unleash Innovation
- Track F: Artificial Intelligence: Delivering Value at Scale
- Track G: Data and Analytics Architecture: Your Digital Acceleration Ecosystem
- Track H: Emerging Technologies and Trends: Reach Beyond
Date: September 2-6
Location: Berlin, Germany
IFA is held in Berlin, Germany, and is the leading trade show for consumer electronics and home appliances. Known for offering an extensive overview of the international market, this six-day event typically attracts close to 240,000 visitors from more than 100 different countries.
IFA serves as the main meeting place for key retailers, buyers, and experts from the industry, showcasing the latest products and innovations. Although it has been virtual or hybrid for the past few years, it will return back to in-person this year, with keynotes and sessions from industry leaders.
Date: September 20-22
Hosted by TM Forum, the Digital Transformation World Series combines inspiring content and how-to knowledge in a highly interactive, festival-like setting that will leave attendees energized and inspired. While it took place online in 2020 and 2021, the event will be live and in-person this year in Copenhagen.
The World Series looks at the growing partnerships between cloud and network providers and how shifting to a hybrid model can help organizations meet changing demands while becoming an agile, efficient, partner-ready business.
Date: September 30-October 2
Location: Lviv, Ukraine
IT Arena is the largest tech event in Ukraine and Eastern Europe, providing productive networking, business matchmaking, and festival spirit. The three-day conference, conducted exclusively in English, brings together more than 2,000 entrepreneurs, investors, developers, business analysts, and designers every year.
The theme of this year’s IT Arena in Lviv is “Beyond Virtual”, with tracks ranging from Startup and Business, to Product and Technology. Some speakers of the 2021 event included: Maye Musk, role model, trend maker, and rule changer; Errol Koolmeister, Former Head of AI Foundation at H&M; and Shameer Khader, Senior Director of AI/ML, Data Science, Digital Health, and Bioinformatics at AstraZeneca.
Date: October 6-7
Location: Toronto, Canada
Cost: The expo is free; $299 to attend the conference
Since 2016, Big Data and AI Toronto has been providing a unique platform for IT decision-makers and data innovators to explore and discuss insights, showcase the latest innovative projects, and connect with other data and analytics professionals. This year’s conference and expo will provide attendees with a 360° view of the industry through a unique 4-in-1 experience: AI, big data, cloud, and cybersecurity.
- Network with thousands of attendees and connect with like-minded professionals
- Livestream 70+ hours of content via 3 public tracks and 3 conference tracks
- 150+ speakers from the likes of Facebook, Netflix, Google, Cineplex, GM, Scotiabank
- Meet over 20 of the industry’s leading solution providers at the Expo
- Discover the current state of technologies and solutions via demo sessions
Of course, we can’t forget our own flagship event BMC Exchange. The last few years the event took place online, with three days full of live speakers, classes, and brainstorming sessions.
BMC Exchange 2021 offered a customizable format so you could curate content for your career, choosing tracks and sessions relevant to what you need. The event included inspiring keynotes and use case-focused sessions to help you meet today’s technology challenges while preparing for tomorrow’s opportunities. BMC Exchange features:
- Exciting keynotes to help you drive organizational change
- Interactive, informational, and entertaining sessions focused on your role
- Product and strategy insights to see where BMC innovation can take you on your growth path
- Exhibition Hall featuring BMC partners, cutting-edge technology vendors, and BMC Innovation Labs
Date: October 11-13
Google Cloud Next 2022 is the conference to attend if you are interested in hearing more from Google executives about new and updated cloud services. Offering more than 200 sessions, as well as many keynote speakers, Google Next explores broad themes such as service scale and maturity, usable machine learning, and enterprise-friendliness. It also covers topics like embracing the cloud, open source, cloud native architectures, and deep dives on Kubernetes and TensorFlow.
Google Cloud Next ‘21 featured top speakers like:
- Sundar Pichai, CEO Google & Alphabet
- Thomas Kurian, CEO Google Cloud
- Urs Holzle, SVP Technical Infrastructure Google Cloud
- Aparna Sinha, Director Product Management Google Cloud
Location: Las Vegas, NV
AWS re:Invent 2022 is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) annual conference and is the largest gathering of the global cloud community on the globe. This event is dedicated to cloud strategies, operations, security, IT architecture and infrastructure, and developer productivity, all with a focus on AWS features and products.
Back in-person in Las Vegas, the 2022 conference will include keynote announcements, training, and certification programs, over 750 technical sessions, after-hours events, and more opportunities to educate, entertain, and engage with the best and brightest business and IT decision makers, hottest startups, and visionary technology leaders.
Date: November 28- December 1
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
European SharePoint, Office 365 & Azure Conferences, aka ESPC22, offers affordable, world-class Microsoft 365 learning at your fingertips, from wherever you are in the world. Tune in live or catch up on-demand across 100+ sessions from SharePoint, Office 365 & Azure experts including Microsoft team members, independent community leaders, RDs, MVPs & MCMs.
The event is live and in-person again this year, with the first keynote speaker announced as Jeff Teper, CVP, Microsoft 365 Collaboration with Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive- known as the “Founder of SharePoint”.
Date: January 5-8, 2023
Location: Las Vegas, NV & Online
For over 50 years, the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) has been the starting point for the newest technologies and innovations in the world. Held in Las Vegas, CES has been the global gathering place for all those involved in consumer technologies and the next generation of innovations, showcasing products in the areas of 3D Printing, Augmented & Virtual Reality, Computer Hardware/Software/Services, and more.
CES 2022 was able to return home to Las Vegas this year, welcoming over 40,000 attendees in-person from more than 119 different countries. The key speakers of the event were the top caliber you would expect from CES, including:
- Jong-Hee (JH) Han, Vice Chairman & CEO, Samsung Electronics, Inc.
- Mary Barra, General Motors Chair and CEO
- Robert B. Ford, President and Chief Executive Officer, Abbott
- Cara Sylvester, Chief Marketing and Digital Officer, Target
- Sarah Franklin, President and Chief Marketing Officer, Salesforce
Top IT & Tech Conferences of 2022
Whether you are a CEO, developer, IT professional, customer, or simply an employee in the technology field, attending one of the above conferences can help you to stay current on the latest trends and up-to-date on the newest innovations and technologies. No matter which one of these you choose, you are guaranteed to walk away with increased personal and professional growth.