Fast, efficient patch management is essential for effective enterprise security. As software vendors discover flaws and vulnerabilities in their products, a timely fix can make all the difference to protect your business from a damaging compromise. But how can you keep track of all the vulnerable devices in your organization—and ensure that you’re deploying the right patches, in the right priority, for optimal risk mitigation? Without a holistic, automated approach to detect, deploy, and manage patches across your organization, it’s all too easy to fall behind.
As the speed and complexity of the threat landscape increase, a mature patch management capability can help you ensure that your devices are reliably protected against known software vulnerabilities.
Patch management encompasses four critical elements:
- Identifying which devices are missing patches
- Automatically gathering patches from vendors
- Deploying patches to devices
- Providing reports to help you make informed business decisions
BMC Client Management provides comprehensive, automated tools to manage endpoints, maintain compliance, and reduce security risk. Addressing all the critical elements of patch management, the solution enables enterprises of all sizes to prevent data loss, data corruption, and lost productivity, and avoid the financial impact of a breach. To learn how BMC Client Management can help you reduce costs, lower risk, and enhance service, download the Client Management solution brief. Try BMC Client Management today to see what it can do for your organization!
- Knowledge Management Strategies: Exploring the Long Tail
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Explained
- What is an Operational-Level Agreement? OLAs Explained
- The IT Skill Gap Explained
- Getting Real Results Today with Artificial Intelligence
Introducing Cognitive Service Management
Cognitive Service Management is the cutting-edge of ITSM. This innovative approach helps businesses keep up with the pace of emerging technologies and diverse environments. Download the whitepaper to learn more.