As German businesses continue accelerating their migration to and use of public clouds, BMC is investing locally to give them even more choice and flexibility in the service management solutions space with a C5-attested software-as-a-service (SaaS) version of BMC Helix ITSM and BMC Helix Discovery.
C5 is short for the Cloud Computing Compliance Controls Catalog, a mandatory minimum baseline created by the German Federal Office for Information Security (Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik, or BSI) for cloud security and public cloud solutions used by German government agencies and organizations that work with government.
Initially made available in Germany in December 2022, BMC Helix ITSM is expected to attain C5 attestation in March 2023, giving German customers a secure, reliable, and regulation-compliant service management solution that processes and stores all data in local data centers. Our partner for hosting the solution is Materna Information & Communications SE, a well-known and top-rated service provider in Germany. With 25+ years of expertise in BMC products, Materna has a solid reputation for providing excellent services.
System maintenance and support will also be conducted exclusively within the European Union (EU) to comply with data privacy and data transfer export rules and meet regulations and industry standards including ISO27001 and ISO14001 from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO®); Greenhouse Gas Protocol:2004; the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR); the aforementioned C5, and the Trusted Information Security Assessment Exchange (TISAX)*.
With BMC Helix ITSM SaaS, customers will be able to accelerate innovation, reduce business risk, and lower costs with a predictive solution that:
- Reduces response time with real-time auto-correlation of incidents and proactive problem identification
- Enables better partnership across business functions through contextual data sharing in collaboration tools
- Proactively manages change risk for IT and DevOps by determining impact and criticality
- Integrates service and operations management for major incident management and other ServiceOps use cases
- Eliminates manual effort with auto task-bundling and case assignment
- Extends service delivery to external providers via a no-code integration platform (iPaaS)
- Visualizes key metrics and service activity in personalized, customizable, dynamic dashboards
Here’s what Margaret Lee, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Digital Service and Operations Management at BMC, had to say about the announcement.
To learn more about BMC Helix ITSM, visit the web page here.
*Materna Information & Communications SE is participating in TISAX.