As companies strive to keep pace with and get ahead of the competition during a time of rapid, continuous digital transformation, cloud adoption is no longer a nice to have, it’s a must-have. But it’s not a straightforward process.
When choosing the right public cloud provider, you should also consider the importance of right-sizing resources against service demand to avoid service slowdowns and disruptions. Another critical factor is determining your resource requirements. You want to balance provisioning versus cost because overprovisioning can unnecessarily drive up costs and underprovisioning can risk service quality.
Without accurate insights, or an understanding of how cloud services will be used, a migration of on-premises workloads to the cloud, or a migration between cloud providers, could set you up for service failures, budget overruns, and overspending.
With the above complexities in mind where do you start?
BMC can help, with the free BMC Helix Cloud Migration Simulator. With this tool, you can reduce the time, complexity, and costs of migrating servers and workloads to the cloud and improve the accuracy of your planning process by evaluating and right-sizing your workload migration before you select a service provider. This gives you the insights you need to understand your resource requirements against the cost of maintaining your service levels—and stay within your budget.
The BMC Helix Cloud Migration Simulator allows you to compare the costs and resource requirements of leading public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and IBM Cloud, absolutely free.
- Increased insight: Keep budget owners, project owners, and stakeholders informed and in control of their cloud spend and budgets with self-service views.
- Actionable recommendations: Optimize cloud resources and eliminate wasted spend with artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML)-driven recommendations and actions.
- Increased visibility and control: Get thresholds and alerts on spend, keep budget owners informed and in control of their cloud spend, and prevent budget overruns.
- Views of resource utilization: Create views customized for the cloud resources, budget, and spend that are important to budget owners, business owners, and stakeholders.
- Automated resource optimization: Receive automated recommendations and actions for right-sizing resources and terminating unused resources, such as idle or unused virtual machines, databases, and elastic block storage (EBS) volumes.
- Management of reserved instances: Analyze usage patterns of both reserved instances and on-demand resources to ensure efficient usage and get automated recommendations for converting on-demand instances to reserved instances to increase cost savings.
And so much more!