Service desk vs help desk. Proactive vs reactive. Holistic vs IT-centric. The comparisons go on and on. BMC Software product manager, Peter Adams, explains the difference between the two approaches. While help desk can support smaller, less technology-dependent organizations, the digital workplace requires a modern service desk, capable of supporting all aspects of the business – for both on-site and remote workers. Peter also discusses how social, mobile and cloud innovation have evolved the service desk.
- ITAM 2015: The evolving role of the IT Asset Manager
- Service in a Digital World
- It’s a New World for IT – Trends to Look for in 2016
- Building the case for IT Asset Management with Benchmarking
- IT Support Levels Clearly Explained: L1, L2, L3, and more