Being recognized as one of the top vendors in the software industry by esteemed research group Gartner is no easy feat, with small and large organizations alike competing for the title. As usual, the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms has provided some interesting findings and unique talking points, with a few predicted leaders as well as some new innovators changing the field.
The Magic Quadrant for Analytics and BI 2018 is represented here:
As you can see, for the first time in three years Gartner has dropped a significant amount of vendors off of this quadrant, going from 24 total vendors to 20. This decision comes not from a decrease in the market but rather from the evolution of it: the big companies are getting bigger, some of the vendors with the largest visions got absorbed, and others disappeared entirely, including Alteryx, ClearStory Data, ZoomData, Datameer and Pentaho.
Topping off the Leaders Quadrant again this year are Microsoft, Tableau, and Qliktech. Both Microsoft and Tableau have proven time after time that they offer unmatched portfolios, with Tableau’s data visualization capabilities making it stand out from the crowd and Microsoft leading with its expansive set of deployment methods.
New Leaders in the Analytics and BI Magic Quadrant 2018
Following a strong reputation of recognition for the past two years, Sisense has now gained the coveted highest position for ability to execute in the Visionaries Quadrant. Offering an integrated analytics and BI platform that covers the entire workflow, Sisense is predicted to jump into the Leaders Quadrant in 2019 for its radically innovative technologies and high ratings on ease-of-use.
Key Takeaways from the Report
Multiple strengths have been identified in the choosing of Sisense as one of the top leaders in the Analytics and Business Intelligence Magic Quadrant:
- Ability to connect, mash-up and analyze large data volumes from any data source in a matter of minutes
- Can analyze data 10-100x faster with patented In-Chip® technology
- Delivers insights beyond the dashboard thanks to machine learning, alerting, bots and IoT
- Embeds best-in-class analytics into the offering easily, instantly, and seamlessly
- Only company that can deliver a full proof of concept (POC) on data in just 90 minutes
Although the main leaders in the Analytics and BI market remain similar over the past few years, other vendors like Sisense are pushing boundaries and becoming more robust, agile, and customer-centric. With augmented analytics forecasted to be the future of business intelligence, companies that are currently investing in machine learning and AI are going to continue to climb into the leaders’ ring.
Download the full report to:
- Learn where the market stands and where it’s going
- Evaluate vendor strengths and compare scores on various criteria
How do I use a Gartner Magic Quadrant?
Gartner’s Magic Quadrant is the first step to understand the technology providers you might consider for a specific service. Depending on the types of investments you are looking to make, each quadrant has its own benefits and advantages.
How does a Gartner Magic Quadrant work?
Utilizing a graphical illustration, a Gartner Magic Quadrant provides a snapshot of four types of technology providers that can help you best meet your business goals:
- Leaders- Competitive providers that are known to execute well against their current vision and are often innovative giants in their industry
- Visionaries- Full of providers that understand where the future market is going or have a strong vision for where it will end up
- Niche Players- Highly focused on a small segment
- Challengers- Often dominate a large segment
Magic Quadrants help you:
- Quickly understand the market’s competing technology providers as well as their ability to innovate and provide options for the future
- Understand how providers are competitively positioned and the strategies they are using to compete for end-user business
- Compare a technology provider’s strengths and challenges with your specific needs and business goals
These postings are my own and do not necessarily represent BMC's position, strategies, or opinion.
See an error or have a suggestion? Please let us know by emailing email@example.com.