Reduce IBM® MLC software costs
BMC Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise® provides insightful reporting and planning to help you save anywhere from 5% to more than 20% on Monthly License Charges (MLC).
- Manage MLC contracts and forecast future costs with management dashboards.
- Identify budget variances in advance to target cost reducing actions.
- Reduce costs by identifying specific capacity peaks and cost drivers.
- Test-drive changes and see the cost impacts before committing.
Small changes equal big savings
With insightful graphic reports and analysis, Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise helps curb monthly license charges.
Transparent cost reporting
Analyze system and cost data with intuitive, interactive graphics and dashboards.
Interactively evaluate the impact of MLC reduction activities for planning and on-going budget management.
MLC budget tracking and forecasting
Report regularly on Actual vs Plan MLC costs, highlight variances, and forecast whether costs will exceed budget.
Workload-aware MLC information
Pinpoint workloads driving MLC costs and align cost reduction strategies with business needs.
Track history and efficiency improvements with the MLC Reduction Index and project future MLC costs.
Take a closer look
- Evaluate capping, workload placement, and workload volume changes.
- Use a range of MLC pricing metrics.
- Include planned MLC budget and track actual costs and variances
- Historical view of MLC costs (month over month, year over year) to use in projecting future costs versus budget
- Track cost efficiency with MLC Reduction Index
- Regular, consistent MLC cost reporting
- Identify workload priority in the systems.
Put your analysis and planning into action
BMC Intelligent Capping (iCap) for zEnterprise dynamically automates and optimizes defined capacity settings to lower MLC.
BMC Subsystem Optimizer for zEnterprise provides data access and communication across LPARs, making it possible for the first time to efficiently redirect workloads among DB2, IMS, and CICS instances to reduce MLC.
"IBM offers mainframe customers great flexibility with the variable MLC model. Thanks to BMC we now have a tool to fully exploit this flexibility. The power and insight of Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise is something customers have wanted for a long time."— Eduardo J. Ciliendo, Head of Mainframe, Swiss Re