Reduce IBM® MLC software costs
BMC Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise provides insightful reporting and planning to help you save anywhere from 5% to more than 20% on Monthly License Charges (MLC).
- Actively manage MLC by analyzing system and cost data.
- Reduce costs by identifying system capacity peaks and cost drivers.
- Test-drive changes and see the impacts before committing.
Small changes equal big savings
With insightful graphic reports and analysis, Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise helps curb monthly license charges.
Transparent cost reporting
Analyze system and cost data with intuitive, interactive graphics.
Evaluate the impact of MLC reduction activities during the planning process.
Multi-level usage, pricing picture
Develop an understanding of cost drivers and relationships.
Workload-aware MLC information
Align cost reduction strategies with business services.
Test-drive workload balancing and capping options to reduce your monthly MLC bill.
Take a closer look
- Evaluate capping, workload placement, and workload volume changes.
- Use a range of MLC pricing metrics.
- Understand the complexities of MLC pricing models.
- Identify workload priority in the systems.
Put your analysis and planning into action
BMC Intelligent Capping (iCap) for zEnterprise dynamically automates and optimizes defined capacity settings to lower MLC.
BMC Subsystem Optimizer for zEnterprise provides data access and communication across LPARs, making it possible for the first time to efficiently redirect workloads among DB2, IMS, and CICS instances to reduce MLC.
"IBM offers mainframe customers great flexibility with the variable MLC model. Thanks to BMC we now have a tool to fully exploit this flexibility. The power and insight of Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise is something customers have wanted for a long time."— Eduardo J. Ciliendo, Head of Mainframe, Swiss Re