Maximize availability by performing copy operations while databases are online
The Image Copy function takes image copies quickly and efficiently. It produces image copies without competing for online IMS resources and while databases remain available for other processing.
- Uses Snapshot technology, concurrent copying, and compression
- Can produce encrypted image copies
- Self-tuning and optimizing, so you don’t need to worry about block sizes, buffer pool sizes, or I/O subsystems
- Creates either consistent or concurrent image copies that you can stack
- Enables you to build databases that are consistent for testing purposes without affecting production availability
- Detects exception conditions, including image copy needed, image copy recommended, no valid image copy exists, and more