BMC Helix ITSM OnPrem to OnPrem Migration Preparation Service
This Service will prepare a Customer with the analyses, strategy and design to migrate On-Prem Helix ITSM to On-Prem Containerized Helix ITSM using BMC’s Helix Data Manager (HDM). BMC will capture requirements to analyze and design the migration process and HDM architecture requirements.
What you get:
BMC will perform the following:
- Identify and document Configurations and Integrations in a Proposed Project Schedule Document
- Prepare Migration Design Document
- Assist in the data analysis requirements phase related to HDM migration.
- Conduct detailed planning sessions covering BMC’s recommended migration best practices using BMC’s Helix Data Manager.
- Provide a walk-through the Helix Data Manager Project Schedule example with Customer Project Manager to integrate the migration activities into the Customer’s master project plan, verifying plans are aligned and streamlined with the data migration activities.
- Provide architecture requirements to support the HDM migration requirements.
- Provide an application subject matter expert (SME) with a good knowledge of Customer’s Advanced Configurations and integrations.
- Customer is responsible for implementation steps defined in the Migration Design Document
- BMC assumes no data integrity issues in the Customer’s environment.
Project Milestones: The following Milestones are established between the Customer and BMC. Once BMC has reached a milestone, the BMC project manager will issue a milestone completion letter to the Customer.
- Milestone 1: Upon delivery and approval of the Migration Design Document along with Helix Data Manager Proposed Migration Project Schedule
- Milestone 2: Upon completion of the Project Closeout meeting and the delivery of the project completion letter
Deliverables: Using BMC’s standard methodology and templates, the following deliverables are in scope for this project.
- Proposed Project Schedule
- Migration Design Document
Completion Criteria: BMC will have completed these Consulting Services when the in-scope Consulting Services have been completed and the deliverables have been delivered to the Customer Project Manager.
- Customer’s project team is staffed with experienced consultants that are familiar with the Customer’s solution and business requirements.
- Remote access is available and will be provided.
- Estimated Duration: 1 week
- In-scope Products: BMC Helix Digital Workplace, BMC Helix ITSM
- Service Type: Advisory and Planning
- Availability: Active
- Success Service Code: ITSM_OPPS_001
- Date Last Updated: 09/12/2023
- Advanced Configuration – For features that do not exist out-of-the-box, an Advanced Configuration can accommodate forms, active links, filters, escalations, integrations, menus, reports, or dashboards.
- Application Data – Application data is optional data that can be loaded into the system. Examples of this include assignment routing, incident templates, and change approval mappings.
- Foundation Data – Foundation data is data required for the application to function properly and is defined as:
- Sites and Location Structures
- Support Organizations and Groups
- People (includes group memberships, application permissions and functional roles)
- Operational Services Catalogue
- Software Catalogue