Quirónsalud is Spain’s leading provider of healthcare services, with over 70 medical centers across Spain and more than 40,000 employees.
Quirónsalud had an environment where processes and workflows were disparate and fragmented. This led to various bottlenecks and management difficulties. User satisfaction was extremely low, with ongoing complaints from managers and the lines of business (LOB) regarding the overloaded service desk. There was also a lack of self-service capabilities to help employees resolve their issues.
Quirónsalud IT wanted to create an environment with agile and automated mechanisms for ticket prioritization and routing to facilitate better outcomes:
- Standardized processes and procedures
- Reduced resolution and response time
- Increased service desk productivity
- Increased first call resolution
- Scalability beyond IT
Quirónsalud chose BMC Helix ITSM along with BMC Helix Digital Workplace to provide an intelligent, omni-channel service management solution.
- Quirónsalud uses BMC Helix ITSM for incidents, requests, and knowledge management modules.
- BMC Helix ITSM offers speedy ticket creation and “how-to” articles for efficient knowledge management, allowing users to self-resolve their issues.
- BMC Helix Digital Workplace to provide a modern, intuitive, and mobile-friendly interface.
By transitioning to these BMC Helix solutions, Quirónsalud has realized measurable value:
- Doubled end-user satisfaction
- Increased first-call resolution 15-20% through self-service and knowledge management
- Reduced amount of calls by 50% with the end-user portal adoption through BMC Helix Digital Workplace
- Cut resolution time by 30% using automated prioritization and self-routing tickets through BMC Helix Digital Workplace
“With BMC Helix ITSM as the cornerstone and the teamwork between Quirónsalud (local and corporate IT) and the suppliers (Telefónica and iOne team), we have been able to transform the support model for our over 40,000 employees."— Sergio Alonso Ludeña, Service Desk Manager, Quirónsalud