Electrolux, a leading global appliance company with over 50,000 employees, has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. In 2016, the Electrolux business model became focused on consumer experience and the company began its digital transformation. In 2018, Electrolux turned to knowledge management as a key building block for the future.
Electrolux previously spent a lot of time and money translating knowledge articles into several languages for all its markets and uploading them to its different knowledge databases. The company wanted to create a better customer journey and reduce the time spent publishing self-service, web-based knowledge articles with a unified knowledge tool that could be integrated into the overall IT infrastructure.
In 2019, Electrolux chose BMC Helix Knowledge Management by ComAround as the perfect fit for its business needs. The solution is KCS v6 Verified, which means that it is aligned with the best-practice methodology Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS®), which Electrolux also used. During the implementation, Electrolux involved both contact centers and service technicians, and in just two months, managed to implement one customized, self-service knowledge base with content in 34 languages.
With BMC Helix Knowledge Management by ComAround, an article in one language can be instantly translated into any other language, reducing the costs and minimizing the time required for Electrolux to translate and publish knowledge articles. The solution is fully integrated into more than 80 Electrolux websites, and the company now has one knowledge base for all 30 worldwide locations.
Today, knowledge management is a key driver in improving the Electrolux customer experience, and great results have been achieved:
- The Contact Center's Net Promoter Score (NPS) has increased by 206 percent, validating the organization’s ability to deliver better information, faster, to its customers.
- Self-service website traffic has increased by 130 percent in one year.
- Service call rates declined significantly as more customers took advantage of available knowledge.
- Self-service article usage has increased by 10,488 percent, demonstrating the enhanced customer experience.
- Time for publication of self-service articles has decreased from 40 days to 90 minutes thanks to the solution’s automation capabilities.
“The great thing about BMC Helix Knowledge Management by ComAround is that it's easy to learn and easy to use. It's also easy for new employees to start within Electrolux because we have all the information in one place.”— Evelina Westerfur, Customer Services, Electrolux