Mexican bank Banco Azteca S.A. Institución de Banca Múltiple, headquartered in Mexico City, Mexico, is part of Grupo Salinas, a Latin American conglomerate with companies spanning the finance, retail, entertainment, consulting, and technology sectors. One of the largest banks in Mexico, Banco Azteca offers products and services at 1,735 branches throughout Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, Panama, and Peru.
With so many branches across Latin America, real-time connectivity is a must, especially when a branch across town or in another city or country needs technical support. The bank turned to BMC to establish a more efficient remote connectivity solution than its current, heavy, high-bandwidth resource.
Working with BMC partner Insitech, Banco Azteca implemented BMC Helix Client Management to provide comprehensive, automated endpoint management for optimal service, while minimizing cost, maintaining compliance, and reducing security risk.
Banco Azteca began with an on-premises install and has plans to deploy to the cloud in the next several months. BMC Helix Client Management allows the dedicated service desk to resolve issues more quickly by providing fast, remote access to all 33,000 computers at its branch locations. During the proof of concept, BMC demonstrated additional, customizable asset management features that the bank chose to implement.
The solution has enabled IT to:
- Send applications, software, and security patches over the network without having to make individual site visits to each branch.
- Tailor user and equipment configurations for deployment to specialized line-of-business (LOB) departments like sales, points of sale, loans, etc.
- Test and update internal software and integrate with third-party applications through customized menus.
- Centralize management and analysis through a single, collective dashboard to speed and streamline decision-making.
- Achieve 100 percent visibility of all computers, including software, drivers, registry keys, and specific components, which improves change and problem resolution for end users.
- Begin cloud testing to support the use of Windows 10 tablets.
“We want to take full advantage of this solution as it has become a critical tool to provide visibility and timely problem resolution.”— Enrique Martínez Trejo, Gerente de Evaluación Tecnológica, Grupo Salinas