Compuware Acquires Itegrations's Mainframe SCM Practice to Speed and De-risk Enterprise Customers’ Transitions to Agile
High-Skill, High-Experience Services Support Critical Migrations of Source Code Management Systems
- To successfully compete in a global marketplace where digital speed and excellence are essential, large enterprises must bring Agile best practices to their mainframe application dev/test efforts.
- Most enterprises can’t achieve this objective due to an outdated source code management (SCM) system that doesn’t support essential Agile practices such as parallel work and rapid code promotion.
- Migrating to an Agile-enabling SCM system such as Compuware ISPW can be daunting, though, because existing SCMs host such a vast amount of code and are so deeply ingrained in existing development processes.
- Compuware is reducing the time, effort and risk associated with SCM migrations by acquiring Itegrations’s proven migration practice.
DETROIT – October 3, 2016 – Compuware today announced the acquisition of the assets associated with Itegrations’s industry-leading source code management (SCM) migration practice and methodology. This acquisition will enable Compuware customers to more easily and confidently migrate their SCM systems from Agile-averse products such as CA Endevor, CA Panvalet, CA Librarian and Micro Focus/Serena ChangeMan—as well as internally developed SCM systems—to ISPW, Compuware’s Agile and DevOps-enabling cross-platform SCM solution.
Large enterprises are under pressure to update their mainframe application development, test/QA and deployment processes in order to successfully compete in a global marketplace where digital speed and excellence are essential. Unfortunately, most enterprises can’t achieve this objective because they remain tied to an outdated mainframe SCM system that doesn’t support essential Agile practices such as parallel work and rapid code promotion.
Despite the critical importance of SCM migration, CIOs often perceive the prospect of such a project as risky, difficult, costly and/or time-consuming. Enterprises have massive amounts of code in their SCM systems—and typically have numerous active development projects in the works that cannot be disrupted. Enterprises also lack both in-house expertise in SCM migration and headcount to spare for large migration projects.
Recognizing this central obstacle to customers’ mainframe modernization efforts—and in direct response to many customers’ requests for an easier way to migrate to its ISPW SCM solution—Compuware acquired the selected assets of Itegrations that will enable Compuware customers to engage with a skilled team of experts in SCM migration with a proven methodology, state of-the-art migration tools and a long history of migration success.
This proven SCM migration methodology:
- Accurately discovers codebase characteristics including histories and inter-application dependencies, so they can be fully preserved in the new environment.
- Manages migration in targeted, rightsized stages to accelerate time-to-benefit and limit exposure to risk.
- Rigorously tests code artifacts in the customer’s new SCM environment and brings them to a near-live state in parallel to the old environment to ensure zero disruption of development work.
The methodology also provides continuous communication with customers about migration progress and issues, so that all work can be appropriately coordinated with active development and test activities.
“To succeed in the digital economy, large enterprises must move their mainframe application development to an Agile model — and we believe SCM is at the heart of this transformation,” said Itegrations CEO and founder François Dansereau. “As the market leader in Agile mainframe solutions, Compuware is optimally positioned to deliver mainframe SCM migration capabilities where they can have the biggest positive impact for the most customers.”
“Every enterprise with a mainframe needs to remove the toxic bottlenecks and inflexibility inherent to waterfall development by migrating their mainframe applications to an Agile-friendly SCM as quickly as possible,” said Compuware CEO Chris O’Malley. “By acquiring Itegrations’s SCM migration practice and re-focusing that practice on Agile-enabling our growing customer base, Compuware is uniquely and powerfully enabling large enterprises to stay competitive in digital markets where the need for speed and quality continues to intensify relentlessly.”
Compuware today also announced open REST APIs for ISPW that empower enterprise customers to integrate their Agile SCM and release automation with rest of their cross-platform DevOps toolchains (see release here).
Compuware empowers the world’s largest companies to excel in the digital economy by fully leveraging their high-value mainframe investments. We do this by delivering highly innovative solutions that uniquely enable IT professionals with mainstream skills to manage mainframe applications, data, and platform operations. Learn more at compuware.com.
For Sales and Marketing Information
Compuware Corporation, One Campus Martius, Detroit MI 48226, 800-521-9353, www.compuware.com.