Day 2 Operations
BMC Day 2 Operations, performed by the BMC Applications Managed Service (AMS) team, will manage up to three environments for one BMC Product Family* for a period of 90 calendar days immediately following a successful go-live. At the end of the 90 days, BMC will hand over the operations to Customer’s designee.
What you get:
The Consulting Services across each product in the BMC Product Family will include administrative activities such as:
- Content management
- Product configuration
- Operational reporting
For new BMC AMS customers, the Service includes a period of due diligence to validate the scope and parameters of the Consulting Service. Once agreed, BMC will plan and execute the transition process to operationalize the Consulting Service and make an orderly and systematic handover from existing service providers. During this phase, BMC will use the skills and knowledge of existing BMC project teams and the current Customer team to provide continuity and to complete knowledge transfer to the BMC AMS resources.
During transition, BMC will establish the governance structures required to oversee the quality and performance of the Consulting Service delivery.
For new and existing BMC AMS customers, BMC will perform the following for one BMC Product Family:
- Conduct a daily health check
- Provide Level 2 and Level 3 Service Management* (Level 1 Service Management is the responsibility of Customer.)
- Fulfill application administration requests to manage application data and content and handle incidents, problems, and changes with minimal disruption to Customer
- Provide standard operational reports including health checks, integration checks, transactional data, and trends
- Maintain in-scope integrations and interfaces which may include, but is not limited to: API, Web Services, BMC Atrium Integrator, and BMC Helix Integration Service. In-scope integrations are subject to BMC approval. (The non-BMC side of the interfaces remains the responsibility of Customer.)
Availability: Access to BMC AMS resources is limited to local business hours 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday in the Customer time zone, excluding Customer public holidays.
Day 2 Operations is scoped according to the following entitlements:
- Application Administration Requests: Up to 200
- Incidents*: Up to 90
- Problems*: Up to 5
- Integrations: Up to 10
- Environments: 3 (Development, Test or Quality Assurance, Production)
Deliverables: Using BMC’s standard methodology and templates, the following Deliverables are in scope for this project and will be delivered:
- Due Diligence Report
- Issue Tracker
- Weekly Service Report
- Monthly Service Report
Completion Criteria: BMC will have completed these Consulting Services when the in-scope Consulting Services have been completed and the Deliverables have been delivered to the Customer Project Manager.
- Customer to provide BMC AMS resources with remote access to the in-scope environments
- Customer must have at least 90 days remaining on their current Success Plan subscription
- Estimated Duration: 90 days
- In-scope Products: BMC Helix Business Workflows, BMC Helix Capacity Optimization, BMC Helix Chatbot, BMC Helix Client Management, BMC Helix Cloud Cost, BMC Helix Cloud Security, BMC Helix Control-M, BMC Helix Digital Workplace, BMC Helix Discovery, BMC Helix ITSM, BMC Helix Knowledge Management by ComAround, BMC Helix Monitor, BMC Helix Optimize, BMC Helix Platform, BMC Helix Remediate
- Service Type: Technical Assistance
- Availability: Active
- Success Service Code: APPM_DAY2_001
- Date Last Updated: 05/02/2022
Incidents: ITIL® terminology: A disruption of service or a request for work or information that has generated a ticket within the Customer’s ITSM application.
Level 1 Service Management: The Customer’s help desk. First line of service management available by email and telephone.
Level 2 Service Management: Second line of application service management with access to BMC Support Group queues within the Customer’s IT service management.
Level 3 Service Management: Third line of application service management with expert product knowledge.
Problems: ITIL terminology: A situation requiring investigation about the root cause of several or major incidents.
Product Family: A BMC Product Family includes 1 or more BMC products that will be managed as a part of the Comprehensive Plan. Each bullet item below represents a product family:
- BMC Helix ITSM, BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced, BMC Helix Virtual Agent, BMC Helix Business Workflows, BMC Helix Platform
- BMC Helix Discovery
- BMC Helix Operations Management with AIOps
- BMC Helix Capacity Optimization, BMC Helix Cloud Cost Control
- BMC Helix Client Management
- BMC Helix Cloud Security
- BMC Helix Control-M
- BMC Helix Remediate