IT best practices help businesses improve their services and security while maximizing the value of their investments. This roundup covers best practices from cloud to mainframe and beyond.
According to Gartner, an IT best practice is “a group of tasks that optimizes the efficiency (cost and risk) or effectiveness (service level) of the business discipline or process to which it contributes. It must be implementable, replicable, transferable and adaptable across industries.”
IT best practices can be used for benchmarking and self-assessment and are also critical to popular ITSM frameworks like COBIT and ITIL. Good best practices go beyond ‘templates’ and hard-and-fast rules, focusing instead on positive business outcomes and most expedient adaption of historically valid guidelines.
BMC has helped businesses worldwide implement best practices resulting in improved service delivery and lowered costs. Below are some best practices grouped by topical area.
DevOps & Automation
- Agile and DevOps Adoption Best Practices
- Best Practices for Building Security as Code into a Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Big Data Automation Best Practices
- IT Automation Best Practices
- DevOps Best Practices for Enterprise Architecture
- Application Performance Management Best Practices
- IT Operations Best Practices
- Load Testing Best Practices
Security, Governance & Compliance
- Cloud Governance Best Practices
- IT Compliance Best Practices for the Digital Enterprise
- SOA Security Best Practices
- Digital Transformation Best Practices
- Digital Workplace Best Practices
- Change Management Best Practices
- Help Desk Best Practices
- IT Asset Management Best Practices
- ITIL Best Practices
- ITSM Best Practices
- Problem Management Best Practices
- Service Desk Best Practices
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Best Practices
These postings are my own and do not necessarily represent BMC's position, strategies, or opinion.
See an error or have a suggestion? Please let us know by emailing email@example.com.