Compuware and CollabNet VersionOne Partner to Include Mainframe in Enterprise DevOps Automation
Integration of ISPW and Continuum Gives Visibility and Control Over All Agile Development Work from Inception to Delivery
- Application Development and Delivery Professionals are under increasing pressure to track the progress of code deliverables across the DevOps lifecycle based on their value to the business.
- Large enterprises are additionally seeking a unified view of all agile development across all platforms—including their mainframe, which typically runs their business's core systems of record.
- The planned integration of ISPW, Compuware's DevOps-enabled source code management solution for the mainframe, and CollabNet VersionOne's Continuum release delivery platform will meet this customer need.
DETROIT and ALPHARETTA, Ga.—October 1, 2018—Compuware and CollabNet VersionOne today announced a partnership that will help large enterprises incorporate their critical mainframe software development activities into a unified Value Stream Management (VSM) approach across all platforms. VSM is an emerging technology that aims to connect an organization's business to its software delivery capability.
Specifically, the companies will integrate Compuware's ISPW DevOps-enabled source code management (SCM) solution for the mainframe with CollabNet VersionOne's Continuum—which tracks, automates, and orchestrates software value streams across the DevOps lifecycle.
The integration of mainframe software development activities into a unified view of their digital value chain is especially important to large enterprises because:
- These enterprises run their core business systems of record on the mainframe, making it critical that they be able to make changes to those systems quickly and safely.
- To bring new digital value to market, enterprises must orchestrate the delivery of new software across multiple platforms, including back-end systems of record running on the mainframe and customer-facing mobile apps.
- Correlating software delivery across all platforms to key business initiatives enables enterprises to more rigorously focus on delivering value to the customer.
"As large enterprises digitally transform to compete in today's fast-moving markets, the smart ones are aggressively transforming their mainframes away from siloed, waterfall-bound development, leveraging the Agile and DevOps best practices they've brought to their other platforms," said Jason Bloomberg, president of analyst firm Intellyx. "This announced partnership combines Compuware's modern take on mainframe tooling with the cutting-edge enterprise value stream management from CollabNet VersionOne."
Compuware and CollabNet VersionOne already share many integration partners in common—including Amazon, Jenkins, Atlassian, and XebiaLabs—highlighting their shared philosophy that a mix-and-match approach to software delivery design that allows customers to freely choose from best-in-class tools is vastly superior to monolithic architectures.
"We're pleased to announce this alliance with Compuware, a respected leader in modern mainframe technology," said Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet VersionOne. "Our leadership in enterprise Agile and DevOps at scale and value stream management, together with Compuware's mainframe expertise and innovation, will benefit customers developing and supporting cross-platform applications."
"To seamlessly unify their mainframe development work into a single cross-platform enterprise DevOps toolchain, Compuware's customers need us to partner closely with the best-in-class technology leaders that are empowering them to meet their ever-evolving digital value delivery challenges," said Chris O'Malley, CEO of Compuware. "CollabNet VersionOne is clearly such a partner—and the integration between ISPW and Continuum will be a big step forward for the multi-platform enterprise."
Compuware empowers the world's largest companies to excel in the digital economy by fully leveraging their high-value mainframe investments. We do this by delivering highly innovative solutions that uniquely enable IT professionals with mainstream skills to manage mainframe applications, data, and platform operations. Learn more at compuware.com.