Trial Products Frequently Asked Questions
What will I find on the Trial Products Tab?
The Trial Products tab contains two sections of information. There is a guided “Request a Trial” section and a “Download Approved Trial Products” section. BMCs process for requesting a trial via the EPD site requires that your trial is validated by a BMC representative prior to download. You are not able to download newly your requested trial immediately. Once you have been contacted by a BMC representative, an email will be sent to the email address associated to your user information. The email will contain the information needed a trial support id and pin containing the requested trial product(s). Note: The “Download Approved Trial Products” section will only appear when there are products that have been approved for trial.
How do I request a trial for a BMC Product?
To request a trial follow these easy steps:
- Click the “Request a Trial” button found on the Trial Products tab. All BMC product names will be displayed
- Select the desired BMC Product by clicking the select box to the left of the product name
- Scroll down the page and click “Continue” where requested products will be listed for your validation.
- Select “Submit Trial Request” to complete request.
- You should receive a confirmation of your request.
- The request will be automatically routed for sales approval
- Once approved you receive an email from BMC called Trial Order Detail listing the trial products
A BMC Software Representative will contact you to process your request.
How do I download my trial for a BMC Product?
Once you have received an informational email from BMC Software containing a Trial Support ID and associated Password, click on the Profiles Tab. Add the Trial Support ID to your list of profiles (To “Add” a Support ID, type the desired Support ID and Password in the space provided and click the “Add” button. The new Support ID information will display in the Support ID table.) Make sure that the appropriate platform filters are selected . Save your profile.
Next, click on the “Trial Products” tab and click on the “Download Approved Trial Products” button. You will be required to “Accept” the BMC Trial EULA prior to downloading your product. After reading the agreement, click “I Agree” and then the submit button. You will be able to print the agreement in its entirety for your records. This action will open the BMC products that are approved for you to Trial.
Note: You can download individual items by clicking on the item name or you can select the checkbox to the left of the items you want and then choose the download button to download all of the selected items.
- The BMC Assisted Migration Offering (AMIGO) program is designed to assist customers with the planning of product upgrades to a newer version – “Success through proper planning”. Explore AMIGO Program ›