BMC Software Subscription Services Support Policy
Our Subscription Services Support Policy has been updated effective April 1, 2015.
This policy defines the support policy for all BMC Subscription Services. Technical support is provided to customers currently subscribed to a BMC Subscription Service, based on the terms and conditions of the customer’s subscription services agreement with BMC and BMC’s current support terms.
Customers with an active subscription service can contact BMC via phone, email, and web during the term of their subscription services order. Support is available through the date of subscription service expiration or subscription service termination, if earlier. Contact your BMC account representative for assistance.
For current support status and product information, sign up for Proactive Alerts and visit the Supported Product A-Z pages. (Proactive Alert email messages and the associated documentation are provided in English only).
This topic includes the following sections to help customers learn more about BMC’s support policy:
- Release numbering
- Support for Subscription Services: Support for subscription services hosted in a BMC-controlled cloud environment. Such subscription services are referred to in this document as “BMC Subscription Services”. In some cases the cloud environment may be provided by an approved BMC partner.
- Service End of Life
- Third-Party Products
- Additional Information
BMC uses a Year-Release numbering scheme to designate released versions of the BMC Subscription Services. The format is:
YY.YY= 4-digit year, RR=release (for example, 20.14.01).
BMC has the following version levels for the BMC Subscription Services:
BMC provides full technical support for all released versions of the BMC Subscription Services active in a production state*. BMC provides service packs, patches, hot fixes, or workarounds to enable the BMC Subscription Services to operate in substantial conformity with its then-current user guide. Customer Support may recommend that a customer’s system be upgraded to a more current version, release, or service pack of the subscription service if applicable.
BMC has the following version levels for the BMC Subscription Services:
|YY.YY||A major/yearly deliverable (YY.YY) that is fully functional and can be delivered on the targeted cloud platform. It indicates a major architectural or structural change, new major product capabilities, or possible incompatibility with prior version or significant migration requirements.|
|RR - Release||A minor deliverable (RR) that is a revision release that maintains compatibility with its major version. Indicates the availability of functional enhancements, new capabilities, and is an overlay/upgrade installation.|
|In addition to standard yearly versions and minor releases, BMC will create and install two types of fix packs: Service Packs and GA Patches.|
|Service Packs||A cumulative maintenance deliverable (service pack) that resolves a specific set of defects or releases new features to improve the quality, usability, and performance of the service or underlying product.
Service packs are typically released one to three times per year. The BMC team will schedule Service pack installations when needed typically during standard maintenance windows.
|GA Patches||A deliverable for cumulative critical fixes that cannot wait for a major, minor, or service pack release. GA patches will be included in future releases of the service. The BMC team will schedule GA Patch installations when needed, typically during standard maintenance windows. GA Patches are usually specific to a particular component or application.|
Customer Support will inform customers about current versions, releases, or service packs for the BMC Subscription Services as applicable and coordinate installation.
* Exceptions will be announced via the BMC Support Central web site, Proactive Alerts and Release Notes for any affected version.
BMC TrueSight Pulse & BMC TrueSight Intelligence
BMC offers support for BMC TrueSight Pulse and BMC TrueSight Intelligence services via the BMC TrueSight Help Center (support portal), e-mail, and chat. For the BMC TrueSight Help Center please use the following url: https://help.truesight.bmc.com
Support is also accessible via the user interface on the ‘Help’ menu. To know the status of the BMC TrueSight Pulse and BMC TrueSight Intelligence services please visit the url http://status.truesight.bmc.com/. Customers may also subscribe to status updates via the status page.
Service End of Life
- At any time BMC may “end of life” a BMC Subscription Service by terminating support for such subscription service.
- At least 12 months prior to the termination of support, BMC will post a notification to the BMC Support Central web site and send physical or electronic notice to each customer who is subscribed to such BMC Subscription Service to the customer address on file. Unless otherwise mutually agreed with the customer, at no time will access to or support for a BMC Subscription Service end before the subscription service expiration date denoted in the applicable subscription services order.
- Renewals will not be granted past the date of support termination for any “end of life” BMC Subscription Service.
- During the timeframe between when an “end of life” notification is posted to the BMC Support Central web site and the actual termination of support, the BMC Subscription Service will be supported as follows:
- New enhancements or upgrades will not be made to the BMC Subscription Service or any customer environment.
- BMC will develop new hot fixes for problems of high technical impact or business exposure for customers. With customer input, BMC will determine the degree of impact and exposure and the consequent activities.
- Research and Development will be engaged on critical cases only and on a limited basis for problem identification.
Support for third-party products integrating to/from a BMC Subscription Service remains the sole responsibility of the customer. The customer is responsible for assuring product compatibility of any third-party product with the installed version of any BMC Subscription Service. Additionally, if a third-party vendor cancels support for one of its products (such as an operating system or subsystem), and that third-party product integrates or interacts with the BMC Subscription Services customer has purchased, customer must upgrade to a supported version of that third-party product before BMC Customer Support can provide support for the affected integration.
When a customer is ready to upgrade the BMC Subscription Services to a newer version, customer may do so by the following means:
Remedyforce service: Remedyforce offers two options for upgrades: Automatic Upgrade (waiting for BMC to upgrade customer’s ORG) and Self Upgrade (customer performs the upgrade itself according to its own scheduling needs). Customers choosing the Self Upgrade option must do so by the commencement date per the Automatic Upgrade schedule. ORGs that are not Self Upgraded by these dates will default to the Automatic Upgrade option and will be upgraded automatically by BMC.
Remedy OnDemand service: submit a Service Request through BMC Support Central or contact your Service Delivery Manager. Customer remains solely responsible for the mitigation of customizations during an upgrade.
BMC TrueSight Pulse and BMC TrueSight Intelligence: BMC TrueSight Pulse and BMC TrueSight Intelligence provide automatic upgrades and updates. Available upgrades for the TrueSight Meter are communicated via the user interface. The URL https://help.truesight.bmc.com will also provide information on upgrading the Boundary Meter.
All other BMC Subscription Services: submit a Service Request through BMC Support Central or contact your Service Delivery Manager.
For all BMC Subscription Services, customers are responsible for management of any on premise integrated system, user acceptance testing, training and internal communication planning during an upgrade.
For additional information regarding the availability and support periods of BMC Subscription Services, contact your Service Delivery Manager or BMC account representative.