BMC digital IT powers 82% of Fortune 500 companies
Database administration and automation for high speed digital innovation
Database administration helps database operations teams to provision, patch, configure, and maintain databases in a fully automated fashion. Today’s digital enterprises rely on high performing databases to drive faster, smarter applications. BladeLogic Database Automation ensures databases start off and remain highly compliant without sacrificing speed.
- Automate compliance checks, reducing >100 steps down to a few minutes of effort.
- Rapidly harden databases from a variety of vendors, saving man hours.
- Improve service by reducing downtime and resolving issues faster.
- Manage risk by enforcing new controls and policies.
- Establish and maintain your infrastructure with accuracy and ease.
Database administration & automation improves agility and lowers risk without adding staff
Automating your database tasks will reduce risk, ease the burden of audits, improve consistency, and break up time-consuming bottlenecks – and you don’t have to add staff to make it a reality. Database Automation breaks down knowledge silos so expensive specialists can shift work to generalists to manage.
Full Lifecycle Compliance
Gold standard templates deliver security from day one and keep databases compliant. Out-of-the-box content for regulatory mandates like PCI-DSS and HIPAA along with security standards like DISA and CIS are included.
Manage databases from a variety of vendors
For Oracle, SQL, DB2, Sybase, MySQL, set standards once and then scale them out, lowering overall costs.
Automated configuration and deployment
Improve service quality with simplified configuration and streamlined deployment.
Discovery and asset management
Automatically capture database configurations.
Account for complex interdependencies.
Enable anyone to expertly provision databases.
Verify the impact of changes beforehand and prevent downtime. Health dashboards keep databases at peak performance.
Maintain patching levels for compliance and availability.
Extend capabilities beyond core provisioning and patching.
Take a closer look
- Improve the efficiency of standalone and clustered databases with automated upgrades and patching.
- Close the loop on compliance with integration to Atrium Orchestrator for documentation and change management.
- Integrate with Remedy Service Management Suite via operator-initiated change.
- Easily report on activities, inventory, and patching.
- Apply role-based security to user-defined domain hierarchies with access control and logging.
- Provision, patch, and manage databases in virtual environments with cloud database support.
- Minimize downtime and business disruptions with rolling patch deployment.
- Enforce defined standards automatically and avoid failed audits and penalties.
Automate and manage the entire data center
BMC BladeLogic Server Automation helps IT rapidly remediate known vulnerabilities, and automate compliance checks for regulatory requirements such as PCI-DSS or security standards like DISA.
BMC BladeLogic Network Automation enables IT with a policy-based approach to regulatory standards for network management with real-time compliance audit reporting and vulnerability detection and remediation.
BMC BladeLogic Threat Director enables IT operations and security teams to prioritize and remediate threats based on potential impact to the business.
BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management orchestrates the agile delivery and ongoing management of secure and compliant IT services across private and public clouds, as well as legacy data center infrastructures.
BMC Atrium Orchestrator allows IT staff to automate tasks via workflows that span multiple applications, systems, or infrastructure to document change and close the loop on compliance.