Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) Profile Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Profiles Tab?
Once you have accepted the terms and conditions of the EPD site, and upon first entry to the site, you will be taken to the Profiles tab. The Profiles tab allows the user to create profiles and preferences and add or remove support ids.
Note: Subsequent site sessions will take you to the Licensed Products tab.
What is an EPD Profile and why would I want to create one?
An EPD Profile is a feature of the Electronic Product Distribution site which allows users to identify multiple unique sets of platforms and preferences for their Support ID(s). By selecting the specific Support ID an platform combinations the user can control which products and platforms are displayed on the Licensed Products and Patch tabs.
What is the purpose of the profile called "Master" that has already been set up?
The Master Profile is automatically set up for every EPD Site User. Upon initial entry into the EPD site, the user will need to set up their Platform Preferences (see instructions in question below). The Master Profile contains all of the Support IDs associated to your User Name and Profile. If additional Support IDs are "Added" to create unique profiles, the Support ID will automatically be added to the list of Support IDs. This includes Trial IDs.
Things to remember about your Master Profile:
- A Master Profile cannot be deleted
- A Master Profile cannot be renamed
- Another Profiles cannot be named "Master"
Do I need to set Profiles and Preferences each time I enter the EPD site?
No, you do not need to create a Profile or set Preferences each time you enter the site. You are required to create and set up information for your first session only. The Profiles and Preferences will remain set until you make a change. You are able to manage your profiles on any visit to the site.
How do I create a Profile?
To create a profile, follow these 7 steps:
- Click the “Create New Profile” button found in the top half of your screen.
- Enter the “Profile Name” in the space provided.
- From the dropdown list select a Support ID to be associated.
- If the desired Support ID does not exist in the dropdown list, one may be added by entering a valid Support ID number and password in the spaces provided.
- Then click the “Add” button.
- Next select the Profile Filter Preferences by clicking in the selection box for each Install Platform.
- Click the “Save Profiles” button to save changes and proceed.
Can I filter on Platform and Localized Language (set preferences)?
Yes, you can filter on Install Platforms and Localized Languages by setting your EPD Profile Preferences. Once an EPD Profile has been created, you can make changes to your Profile Filter Preferences by selecting the new information and clicking on the “Save Profiles” button at the bottom of the screen. The changes will be saved to the selected profile and will reflect on the Licensed Product tab.
Can I add or remove Support IDs from my profile?
Yes, you can add or remove Support IDs.
To “Add” a Support ID, type the desired Support ID and Password in the space provided and click the “Add” button. The new Support ID information will display in the Support ID table.
To “Remove” a Support ID, “Remove” link in the Support ID table. The Support ID will be removed from the Support ID table.
Click the “Save Profiles” button at the bottom of the screen following each “Add” or “Remove” activity to save before proceeding.
Can I delete a profile?
Yes, to delete an EPD Profile, select the EPD Profile to be removed from the dropdown list in the Profile Information section of the screen. Once the desired EPD Profile is displayed in the Profile Name field, click on the “Remove Selected Profile” button. The EPD Profile will no longer display in the Profile dropdown list. Note:You cannot delete the profile named "Master".
Click the “Save Profiles” button at the bottom of the screen to save the removal activity.
What do I do after creating a Profile and setting my Preferences?
Once you have created a Profile and set your Preferences, scroll down the page and click on the “Save Profile” button. Once the Profile has been saved, you can move to any task based tab at the top of the screen.
Troubleshooting and Common Problems
What are the required fields for setting up a Profile?
- Profile Name is required
- At least one Support ID is required to show your licensed product
- At least one Localized Language is required
- At least one Install Platform is required
If an error is received for these required fields, please make the appropriate selection and try “Save Profile” again. The error should no longer exist.
If you still have question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The BMC Assisted Migration Offering (AMIGO) program is designed to assist customers with the planning of product upgrades to a newer version – “Success through proper planning”. Explore AMIGO Program ›