Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise®
Reduce IBM® mainframe software license costs
BMC Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise® provides insightful reporting, budget forecasting, and impact modeling to help you save up to 20% or more on Monthly License Charges.
- Manage MLC contracts and forecast future costs with management dashboards.
- Identify budget variances in advance to target cost-reducing actions.
- Reduce costs by identifying Tailored Fit Pricing workloads, specific capacity peaks and cost drivers.
- Test-drive changes and see the cost impacts before committing to new pricing models or applications
- Integrate seamlessly with Compuware Strobe for deep application performance tuning.
Small changes equal big savings
With insightful graphic reports and analysis, Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise helps curb monthly license charges.
Transparent cost reporting
Analyze system and total cost data with intuitive, interactive graphics and dashboards.
Interactively evaluate the impact of MLC reduction activities for planning and ongoing budget management.
MLC budget tracking and forecasting
Report regularly on actual vs plan MLC costs, highlight variances, and forecast whether costs will exceed budget.
Tailored Fit Pricing Solution modeling
Model the IBM Tailored Fit Pricing for IBM Z® Development and Test Solution pricing model to see the impact on software cost and to help calculate the optimum Dev/Test Solution MSU Capacity size.
Workload-aware Pricing information
Pinpoint workloads driving MLC costs and align cost reduction strategies with business needs.
Deep application performance tuning
Integrate with Compuware Strobe for cost-aware workload analytics to prevent wasteful resource consumption.
Track history, efficiency improvements, and Tailored Fit Pricing conversions with MLC Reduction Index and projected future MLC costs.
Take a closer look
- Evaluate capping, workload placement, and workload volume changes
- Use a range of MLC and Tailored Fit Pricing metrics
- Include planned MLC budget and track actual costs and variances
- View historical MLC costs (month over month, year over year) to use in projecting future costs versus budget
- Track cost efficiency with MLC Reduction Index
- See consistent MLC and Tailored Fit Pricing cost reporting
- Identify workload priority in the systems
- Measure impact of changes to batch workloads
"IBM offers mainframe customers great flexibility with the variable MLC model. Thanks to BMC we now have a tool to fully exploit this flexibility. The power and insight of Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise is something customers have wanted for a long time."— Eduardo J. Ciliendo, Head of Mainframe, Swiss Re