ITIL® V3: Executive Overview
What better way to understand the value that implementation of the IT Infrastructure Library® (ITIL®) best practices can bring to your organization than to experience it firsthand? This class utilizes a unique combination of executive level lecture and participative simulation to help attendees appreciate the value of the ITIL process framework.
ITIL is fast becoming the standard in the industry for planning, provisioning, and support of IT services. Companies use ITIL best practices to enable their people, processes, and technologies to be more effective, efficient, and economical in the delivery and support of business services to customers and users. ITIL helps today’s companies realize the overall goal of ITSM – IT Service Management and Business Service Management, which is to integrate business objectives with IT.
This course gives participants the opportunity to experience ITIL in action, utilizing KOLB experiential learning through a business simulation. The simulation is based upon a business most people are aware of, an Airport with services underpinned by IT such as radar, control tower, etc. This class is a great team-building activity for awareness and at the same time a great way to experience the power of Business and IT alignment firsthand.
Note: This course is only available as a Private offering.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
IT Infrastructure Library® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited used, under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Instructor Led | 4.00 hours
History of ITIL
- Review ITIL V2 and progression to ITIL V3
ITIL And Basic Terminology
- ITIL Publications overview
- Review ITIL essential components
- Review ITIL terminologies and definitions
- Review ITIL Service Strategy principles and best practices
- Review ITIL Service Design principles and best practices
- Review ITIL Service Transition principles and best practices
- Review ITIL Service Operations principles and best practices
Continual Service Improvement
- Review ITIL Continual Service Improvement principles and best practices
Execution of ITIL
- Benefits of implementing ITIL
- ITIL management in the IT environment
- ITIL Lifecycle dynamics
- Blueprint for BSM in the IT environment