As North America’s leading provider of property and casualty claims technology, Mitchell International is on a mission to transform the insurance claims industry through faster, leaner, and more efficient service. By moving critical systems to the cloud, the company can shift its focus from maintaining on-premises technology to meeting the needs of customers. Mitchell’s service delivery infrastructure supports more than 50 million transactions each year for 300+ insurance companies and 30,000+ collision repair facilities.
Mitchell chose Remedyforce (now known as BMC Helix Remedyforce) to move its service desk to the cloud. The solution delivers comprehensive IT service management (ITSM) through the Force.com platform, on which the company’s Salesforce CRM solution also runs, offering valuable familiarity and efficiencies for its IT team.
With Remedyforce, Mitchell meets customer needs far more quickly, helping the company build strong business relationships. A common platform enables simpler enterprise workflows and enables issues to be crowdsourced across all departments and devices for faster resolution.
- Requests for system access are handled in minutes instead of 2–3 days, saving 12,000–37,000 hours per year.
- More efficient change processes save 2,000 hours per year.
- One-touch reporting and at-a-glance dashboards replace monthly reports that took 16–20 hours to prepare.
- A self-service portal makes it simple for IT customers to request services and track their fulfillment.
- The service desk has kept pace with 10% growth in users and 15% growth in tickets without increased headcount, so IT can focus on core competencies.