ME Bank provides customers in Australia with low-cost, high-quality banking services powered by a world-class batch processing environment for interbank transfers, account updates, and other critical jobs. To ensure that core banking systems are ready for business each morning, IT introduced enterprise workload automation to provide visibility into batch processes, shrink batch windows, and fast-track issue resolution. Their efforts have delivered dramatic improvements in customer service.
Control-M, Control-M Advanced File Transfer, and Control-M Batch Impact Manager work together to deliver an intuitive and powerful batch process automation capability, while providing a proactive assessment of any risks, issues, and dependencies—enabling the staff to create and run jobs quickly and reliably.
Control-M solutions enhance batch execution and speed issue resolution to keep the bank ready to accommodate new customers, accounts, and services.
- The ability to manage dependencies and run downstream processes as soon as they’re ready reduced the average overnight batch window by three hours for the banking platform.
- Automation has reduced time spent on issue resolution, reducing staffing requirements from one full-time equivalent (FTE) to 0.2 FTE.
- Standards for naming, alerting, log file management, and other activities ensure consistency and speed new job creation for faster rollout of new systems.
- Logical job categories such as statements and Bpay align with the business to provide insight into the business criticality of each job.
- Automated alerts guide the support staff through remediation, reducing the impact of batch processing failures by up to 80 percent.
“It’s important to be proactive and prepared to achieve great customer service. We want to ensure that we know about and are already fixing problems before they affect customers. The best outcome is to prevent issues altogether and provide a seamless customer experience.”— Gendry Morales, Application Service Manager, ME Bank