It is BMC’s policy to continually strive to improve our environmental performance by setting annual targets, reviewing our objectives, and measuring progress via formal audits. The company also records data related to our carbon footprint in terms of travel and energy use. To further demonstrate our dedication to environmental citizenship, BMC obtained and maintains the Global Accreditation for ISO 14001:2015
BMC employees actively engage in the following sustainability best practices
It is our policy to do all that is reasonably practicable to:
- Reduce levels of energy consumption: This includes electricity, gas, and other fossil fuels.
- Reduce use of consumables: We recycle equipment, waste products, and redundant items.
- Use, store, control, and dispose of waste properly: Additionally, we dispose of hazardous materials in line with best environmental practices.
- Purchase items produced from sustainable sources: We are continually seeking to obtain services, equipment, and power from providers that are committed to environmental protection.
- Reduce travel impact: We achieve this by using technology for collaboration and meetings.
- Prevent and reduce pollution: We actively pursue the reduction of our use of substances and processes that adversely affect the environment.
- Record travel carbon emissions: We record and analyze travel data to best manage our carbon footprint.
- Encourage employee participation: We set a standard such that all employees can cooperate in the operation and management of this policy.