The “new normal” has accelerated our digital lifestyles at warp speed. Everything from the way we work, how we shop, and how we spend our leisure time has undergone a huge shift that may well be permanent.
Timelines for delivering new digital services that were months or years out—and already seemed tight—have shifted to a “get it done NOW!” schedule and frequently with a reduction, but certainly without any increase, in spend.
The Autonomous Digital Enterprise is a vision of the future state of business and the next evolution that will blend the use of automation with human roles. Companies that move toward it will most certainly thrive while those that fall short will fade or fail. There have been predictions that digital transformation laggards would be out of business by 2025 or that 50% of the Fortune 500 was going to disappear by 2030. The bad news is that in some cases they were wrong – for some firms it will be in 2020.
The good news is there’s still time to make changes. I’m pleased to announce Control‑M 20 is here and ready to accelerate your digital transformation now by:
- Delivering on the promise of faster time-to-market – Role-based administration lets IT delegate authority to developers and product teams so they can manage their applications independently. In addition, the continuing evolution of Automation API provides access for developers to new Control‑M capabilities using Jobs-as-Code.
- Managing costs and increase efficiency – Centralized connection profiles reduce time-consuming manual actions when deploying or modifying applications. Additionally, the web UI enhancements reduce training costs for new users.
- Enhancing business-to-business file exchange – The high availability solution now available with managed file transfer/enterprise (MFTe) ensures business continuity and improves external business partner data transfer reliability. MFTe LDAP integration further reduces administration costs when developing and deploying file transfer workflows.
- Generating business value from modern technologies –
- Google Cloud services can be incorporated into application workflows with the Application Integrator, which now includes out-of-the-box service account authentication. This is in addition to existing support for AWS and Azure.
- Additional highlights include Managed File Transfer support for bi‑directional transfers to and from AWS S3 buckets; usage of AWS Aurora DB for the Control-M database; and ongoing improvements for container support.
We’ve shared previews of Control-M 20 with customers during our pre-GA process; here’s what a few of them had to say about the latest version:
“RBA and AAPI will provide more freedom for customers to manage their connection (e.g. BANK users can update passwords without sharing them with our team).”
—Johann Vermeulen, IT Operations Analyst: ESFT, BMW Group South Africa
“Automation API enhancements will allow us to integrate Control-M with our enterprise applications. This will close the gap between all of our apps and data points and position Control-M as a central hub for process flows – as I feel it should be. API Integration is the fast lane and Control-M 20 will make it easier to put the pedal to the metal.”
—Jonathan Spottswood, Tech Lead, Enterprise Workload Orchestration, GEHA
“We plan to roll out Control-M usage to all our SAP personnel this year using the Control-M Web. I see that the expanded capabilities in Control-M 20 Web, especially in planning and monitoring, will enable us to accelerate and simplify on-boarding them all.”
—Bala Gampa, Enterprise Architect & SAP Technical Expert, NVIDIA
“We can’t wait to increase automation with the new functions available via the API.”
—Martin Keey, IT-Automation Engineer, Foot Locker, Inc.
“As technology changes are constant, we continue to see that BMC Software is aligning Control-M to meet these fast-paced demands. We are excited to roll out more Application Integrator solutions and utilize Role-Based Administration to empower our internal customers with more control over their batch workflows”
—Senior IT Software Engineer, Fortune 500 Insurance Corporation
We’re continuing to innovate as we develop more functionality for you to leverage in Control-M. We understand many of the challenges you face with changing technologies, focus on cost management, more demanding schedules, and a new set of critical initiatives. Continue to share these challenges with us and we’ll continue to deliver a solution that will help you meet them!