BMC Support Licensing and Passwords
available to supported customers only
BMC Remedy Licensing
- If you are using AR System version 7.0.01 or prior, a product license key is required for BMC Remedy Applications, Add-on modules and number of users.
- If you are using AR System version 7.1.00 or later, a product license key is only required for BMC Remedy AR Server. A valid license from BMC is still required, but a product license key is not.
BMC Remedy License Keys
Please refer to the AR System documentation for information on how to enable a license for this software. You are licensed to use only the capacity that you have purchased pursuant to your license agreement and applicable order. If you have questions about licenses or license keys, please contact Customer Support.
This document explains how to make the following requests:
Product Password Requests
Use to request and manage BMC Software Heritage and Configuration Management passwords.
Users in North America, Latin America, EMEA, and Asia Pacific can request assistance with password related questions online.
- From the Issue Management page, you can submit a new issue to assist with password related questions.
- On the Issue Details tab, complete the Summary field enter: Licensing/Product Passwords
- Complete the and Details section using the information provided below.
- On the Product Information tab, you must select the checkbox: Do you require product license or product password assistance?
- Complete the remaining required items on the Product Information tab.
- Click Save to submit issue for Password request.
Please supply the following information in the Details section of the Issue Details tab:
- Your reason for requesting a new password.
- If machine change, the old machine information and the new machine information and the date of the change.
- For Disaster Recovery testing, supply the test date, the product and the product release level.
- For a new order, supply your PO number and/or purchase date.
- Supply your BMC error message if current password is not working and you are receiving an error message.
- If you are installing a new product release that requires a new password supply the product name and product release number.
Issues created using this method will be handled quicker and will go directly to the team responsible for generating passwords.