Submit Case Via Email
Instructions for submitting a BMC Customer Support Case using email:
Note: For faster responses to your Cases, please use the Web Case Management tool on the BMC Support Central website. Benefits of using our Web Case Management tool include:
- Submit Cases directly with your specified product and description
- No waiting for your email to get converted into a case.
- View the progress of your Cases real time.
- Update your Cases on the web as needed.
1. To have your Case created and assigned to the correct technical team as quickly as possible, please be sure you have registered on BMC Support Central prior to submitting the Case. You may still submit a Case via email if you have not registered beforehand, but processing the case may be delayed.
2. In the body of your email, please include:
- the name and version of the BMC product with which you’re having trouble
- a detailed description of the problem
- all relevant information about the environment in which the BMC product is running, including operating system, database, web servers, etc.
3. If you are a Support Partner, please also include:
- your partner Support ID, and whether the Case is being submitted for yourself or on behalf of a customer
- if the Case is for a customer, include their Support ID
All emails and attachments are subject to standard email security scans. To ensure an attachment does not get removed by email security filtering software, please compress all file attachments into a file with a .zip file extension using an application such as WinZip.
4. Send the email to email@example.com
If you experience problems with this Case submission method, you may login and submit a new case or call your local Customer Support center.