Export Compliance Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Export Compliance and Access Terms screen?
Upon logging into the EPD site, the Export Compliance and Access Terms screen will be the first screen you will see. This information must be completed to proceed to other product download related tasks.
Do I need to complete the Export Compliance and Access Terms section before I download?
Yes, this screen is required to meet US Export Compliance requirements and to define the site Access Terms. You, the BMC customer, must read and accept the terms and conditions of this site before proceeding.
English is not my primary language. Can I view this page in a language other than English?
Yes, you can view the Export Compliance and Access Terms page in 9 different languages. By selecting the dropdown arrow, you will be able to select the language. The translated text on this page will replace the English default text.
What is considered a Government Entity?
Government End user:
- Any foreign central, regional or local government department, agency or other entity performing governmental functions including governmental research institutions, governmental corporations, governmental corporations or their separate business units which are engaged in the manufacture or distribution of items or services controlled on the Wassenaar Munitions List, and international governmental organizations.
- This term does not include the following utilities (including telecommunications companies and Internet service) banks and financial institutions; transportation; broadcast or entertainment; educational organizations; civil health and medical organizations; retail or wholesale firms; and manufacturing or industrial entities not engaged in the manufacture or distribution of items or services controlled on the Wassenaar Munitions List.
Can I print the Export Compliance Statement and Product Access Terms so I can provide a copy to my legal department?
Yes, you can print the page in its entirety. By scrolling down to the bottom of the page, you will find a “Print” button which will allow you to print the Export Compliance Statement and Product Access Terms.
Troubleshooting and Common Problems
I am stuck on the Export Compliance and Access Terms page and cannot continue. What is the problem?
The following fields are required for you to continue to the next area of the download site:
- Country selection is required
- Company or Entity name is required
- Government Entity selection is required
- You must agree to the Export Compliance Statement to use the EPD website
- You must agree to the Product Access Terms to use the EPD website
Why does the site not remember me despite having been here before and selected "Please remember this information for my next visit"?
By checking the box preceding the statement “Please remember this information for my next visit.”, the site will remember your information for the next visit. If you have disabled or cleared your cookies recently, the site will not remember your last session. Please select the box again and proceed to continue your session. If your cookies have not been disabled or cleared, then your information will be remembered upon your next visit to the site.
- The BMC Assisted Migration Offering (AMIGO) program is designed to assist customers with the planning of product upgrades to a newer version – “Success through proper planning”. Explore AMIGO Program ›