ITIL or ITSM? They’re not binary. You need both to run a digital enterprise.
With today’s emphasis on customer service, where any failure to please is exposed on social networks in real time, having a framework like the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) to manage your IT is a must. You can no longer wing it in IT Service Management. You need policies and processes that optimize the end-user experience without depleting precious ITSM back-office resources.
ITSM expert Jon Hall joins Alf Abuhajleh in The Zoo to discuss how ITIL and ITSM work together, the benefits ITIL brings to enterprise IT and where you should begin on your journey to managing an ITIL-driven IT department.
- Uncommon Knowledge: sharing successful fixes benefits help desk technicians and users
- World-Class Engineering Leader Joins BMC
- 5 Tenets for High-Performance IT Operations (1 of 5)
- How to Solve the IT Skills Shortage: 4 Tips for Technologists and Organizations
- Gauteng Province’s Digital Enterprise Management Strategy Paves the Way for Digital Learning for nearly 2MM in South Africa