Last year we waxed philosophical with Doug Mueller, Remedy Co-Founder, about enterprise mobility. By popular demand, we’re doing a reprise this year. I’m excited about the discussion because it won’t be anything like last year’s.
We thought mobile ITSM was a hot topic last year then the world went and changed in the past 12 months. It’s now passe to call enterprise mobility “hot”. Mobile is part of who we are, what we do, how we work – far beyond anything measurable in Fahrenheit or Celsius. Don’t believe me? Leave your smartphone home on your next trip. It’s the 2010 equivalent of forgetting your wallet post-9/11.
Consider that since WWRUG 2009…
- Android, smartphone upstart, is rising: 200,000 new activations per day
- Symbian, smartphone stalwart, is falling: top execs are tripping over themselves to leave struggling device maker Nokia
- Apps reinvented mobile computing: Apple’s App Store now offers more than 250,000 apps that have been downloaded more than 6.5 billion times
- Tablet computers are defining the post-PC era: more than three million iPads sold in the first month
- In many countries, smartphones outnumber people: as of September 2010, there are more than five billion global mobile subscribers (73.4% of the earth’s population)
Join us for an engaging discussion about the present and future of mobile solutions in and around IT. Then just imagine what we’ll be discussing a year from now…
- WWRUG 2010
- 4:00-5:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 19
- Muse Hall, Hard Rock Hotel Vegas
The postings in this blog are my own and don’t necessarily represent BMC’s opinion or position.