BMC Helix, our new end-to-end Cognitive Service Management offering, delivers the future of service management with three core components: Cognitive, Cloud, and Containers. We covered the first “C”, Cognitive, in our initial blog post of this series. BMC Helix embeds cognitive capabilities powered by AI and ML into every step of the service delivery lifecycle, replacing outdated manual processes with intelligence and automation.
In this post, we’ll discuss the second key pillar of BMC Helix: Cloud.
At its core, this “C” represents the ability of BMC Helix to deliver everything as a service: Remedy-as-a-Service, Discovery-as-a-Service, Digital Workplace-as-a-Service, and Business Workflows-as-a-Service. The benefits of SaaS deployments are well-covered ground, but it’s worth emphasizing the importance of the everything-as-a-service (EaaS) model to modern Cognitive Service Management.
By running all of these core products as a service, the enterprise gains the agility and speed to keep up with the pace of business. The EaaS model accelerates innovation, reduces infrastructure and operations costs, and makes it easier for end users and IT alike to consume services. It eliminates the overhead of upgrading, migrating, and managing legacy applications and requires no “ripping and replacing.” You’ve invested heavily in your IT infrastructure; with BMC Helix, you can continue to operate hybrid deployments, integrating where necessary into your multi-cloud environment.
Multi-cloud, in fact, is the other aspect of the “Cloud” pillar of BMC Helix. BMC Helix streamlines your transition from cloud to multi-cloud, which for most enterprises today is the new reality. Multi-cloud strategies enable the speed, agility, cost efficiencies, and other mission-critical service requirements of today’s digital businesses. It’s no surprise that according to IDC’s Worldwide Cloud FutureScape, more than 85% of enterprise IT organizations are committing to multi-cloud environments this year.
Moving to multi-cloud, however, isn’t as simple as it may seem. Of that 85%, only a little over one-third of organizations will have “established mechanisms to operate their multi-cloud environments.” In other words, with multi-cloud adoption exploding, the need for robust and comprehensive multi-cloud management is becoming critical – and can be a significant differentiator.
That’s where BMC Helix comes in. BMC Helix runs on your choice of cloud, including AWS and the BMC Cloud, making it an ideal fit for multi-cloud environments. Each component of BMC Helix supports your multi-cloud strategy in a unique way:
- BMC Helix Discovery: Discover and provide visibility into all assets across multi-cloud environments. Discovery is crucial to multi-cloud success because of the distributed nature of these environments. With BMC Helix, you get the 360-degree view necessary for effective service management in the multi-cloud era.
- BMC Helix Remedy: Service all applications holistically from a single pane of glass across multi-cloud environments. Centralized management ensures the health and optimization of your multi-cloud deployments.
- BMC Helix Business Workflows: Extend service management capabilities beyond IT to support the lines of business. Reduce the manual effort required of IT by empowering the rest of the organization with robust self-service.
- BMC Helix Digital Workplace: Deliver an intelligent, omni-channel user experience across all devices and channels, including web, mobile, SMS, chatbots, and more.
- BMC Helix Innovation Suite: Enable developers and business users alike to create and customize cloud-ready service management apps based on microservices architecture and integrations through REST APIs.
Working in concert, these products enables the benefits of BMC Helix to extend far beyond the service desk.
At its core, that’s what BMC Helix, everything-as-a-service, and multi-cloud service management are all about: meaningful business outcomes. You need to be able to consume services easily and manage your multi-cloud environment efficiently and effectively to take advantage of all of its opportunities, from flexibility and scalability to security and governance. BMC Helix enables these choices and more. It adds operational excellence and efficiency to your multi-cloud environment so that you can not only deliver everything as a service, you can do so with the highest speed, accuracy, and value.
For more information on BMC Helix, visit bmc.com/helix.