In October of 2014, BMC added new features to the IMS Advisors and Toolkit solution. Here’s what you can expect to see in this release.
First, the new IMS Status Monitoring feature detects and reports problems in IBM IMS online systems. The other major enhancement includes new parameters for Recovery Advisor.
These enhancements apply to the following products:
- Backup and Recovery Solution for IMS
- Fast Path Enhanced Online Suite
- Fast Path Offline Suite
- Fast Path Online Suite
- MAXM Database Advisor for IMS
- MAXM Reorg for IMS
- MAXM Reorg for IMS with Online/Defrag Feature
- MAXM Reorg/EP Express for IMS
- MAXM Reorg/EP for IMS
- MAXM Reorg/EP for IMS with Online/Defrag Feature
- MAXM Reorg/Online
- POINTER CHECKER PLUS
In addition, other enhancements include:
- The Build IDCAMS Control Statements tool supports the new MEMBERTYPE keyword.
- WTO messages that report exception conditions now include the related exception ID.
- The Schedules window now provides a Run button. You can click this button to submit a selected schedule for immediate execution.
For more information, see the BMC Documentation Center.
- SaaS vs PaaS vs IaaS: What’s The Difference and How To Choose
- Are you Prepared to Accelerate Your Digital Transformation?
- Top 12 Digital Transformation Books for 2018 and Beyond
- IT Cultural Change Hack #1: Want trumps Need
- The Zoo: ITSM vs ITIL with Jon Hall