IDUG North America is almost here folks. We are just six weeks out from one of THE premier DB2 events of the year. You don’t want to miss it! IDUG is made up of the most vibrant group of DB2 professionals worldwide. It’s a great way to grow and retain new talent as well! If you are looking for a way to bring on the next generation of DBAs and get them excited and educated in the space, you need to get them to this show!
Once again, BMC is thrilled to be a Gold Sponsor of the conference. We are honored to be able to continue this 20+ year tradition of presenting and sponsoring IDUG NA. Come learn what’s new in the world of DB2 and see how BMC is innovating and accelerating data management for today’s digital business. Send your experienced and newer staff members alike to educational sessions and give them the opportunity to become involved with a network of like-minded professionals.
Stop by our booth #115 to learn how BMC can help you transform the mainframe for digital business.
- Learn about BMC’s next generation technology including automation solutions
- Learn about the challenges of growing volumes of unstructured data and using LOBs
- Experience insights, consult with industry experts, and find solutions to your business challenges
- Take a live tour of our demos and speak with our industry experts about BMC’s DB2 solutions
Come see how our solutions will help you to increase productivity, optimize applications, and provide a better user experience. See how something as simple as running the right reorgs can significantly improve application performance and costs. Can you recover your data in the time allowed? Are you sure? Can you prove it? With BMC you could. Peak performance and BIG savings are the core of BMC’s mainframe solutions. We can’t wait to tell you more about how BMC can become your trusted partner.
BMC has many exciting sessions for you on the main track:
- Jim Dee will present “DB2 Backup and Recovery Best Practices” in session A02 at 1:55 pm on Monday, May 1st. And you can catch him again on May 2nd for the session “Let the Optimizer Help You Help It – Without Losing Your Head”, F06 at 9:20 am.
- Sheryl Larsen will present “SQL Tuning in the Digital World” in session E02 at 1:55 pm on Monday, May 1st. And let’s not forget her excellent pre-conference SQL workshop on Sunday April 30th.
- IDUG Hall of Famer Phil Grainger will discuss “Solving DB2 Performance Problems” in session A15 at 9:20 am on Thursday, May 4th.
- BMC’s DB2 Recovery solution will also be highlighted in session A10 by Bjarne Nelson of UBS, “Restoring 43TB and Applying 2.2 Billion of DB2 Log Records Within 4 Hour”, at 9:20 am on Wednesday, May 3rd.
And do not miss our end-of-conference wrap up party where we’ll Make Magic Happen with DB2 along with IBM and DBI. We will host all conference goers at a great rooftop venue with a view of the Disneyland fireworks that will be sure to please! Fusion ATX (returning from IDUG Austin 2016) will be our live entertainment. Be sure to pack your dancing shoes.
Registration is open and waiting – Sign up today!
These postings are my own and do not necessarily represent BMC's position, strategies, or opinion.