Download mp3 (13:39)
I think it will be a very different kind of world that we’re actually supporting in operations in five years from now…. says Mark Settle.
Here at BMC, we spend a lot of time thinking about the future of cloud computing — what it means for IT organizations, for businesses, and for the CIOs who have to make information technology work for businesses. So we asked our own CIO, Mark Settle, to write a “letter from 2015” describing how cloud computing will evolve and how CIOs will need to change their thinking to make the most effective use of it. Join us as we talk with Mark Settle, to get some perspective on cloud computing, software as a service, and the changing landscape of IT.
Mark Settle is the Chief Information Officer at BMC Software. Mark joined BMC in June 2008. He has served as the CIO of four Fortune 300 companies: Corporate Express, Arrow Electronics, Visa International, and Occidental Petroleum. He is a former Air Force officer and NASA Program Scientist.
- Recently you published a BMC Industry Insight which was essentially a “letter from 2015” about cloud computing. What prompted you to write this?
- What would you say are some of the key things we should learn in the next five years about hardware?
- Between now and 2015, ideally, how would IT respond to this changing landscape… (or maybe we should say cloudscape)?
- What do you see changing as relates to security concerns about the cloud?
- What about Software as a Service? How will that impact the Enterprise in the next five years?
- Any final words of wisdom for our listeners?
- BMC Industry Insight (white paper) Looking Ahead: A Cloud Report From 2015 (pdf)
- Learn more about cloud computing at www.bmc.com/cloud
RSS SUBSCRIBE : http://www.bmc.com/subscriptions
iTUNES SUBSCRIBE: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/bmc-podcasts/id335625323