Download MP3 (9:25)
“A holistic approach ensures that everything comes together in the right way.” — Anthony Orr
The ITIL Service Design principle helps IT organizations move away from a “siloed” approach to service management, so they can deliver services faster and more efficiently. But what’s really involved with holistic service design?
Find out in Part 2 of our series on ITIL principles.
Join us as we talk with Anthony Orr, Global Best Practices Director for BMC Services at BMC Software, about how to produce the right output for the business. Learn how to design integrated solutions — combining the tools, technology, architecture, processes, and metrics — that enable IT to effectively meet customer needs.
Anthony Orr is Global Best Practices Director for BMC Services at BMC Software. Anthony has more than 25 years of experience in managerial, consulting, marketing, and technical positions for IT Service Management strategies and implementations. He is certified in ISO 20000, and ITIL Foundation, Practitioner, Service Manager and ITIL V3 Expert levels. Anthony has authored many white papers, books, and Industry Insights.
- Can you recommend some guiding principles that help support Service Design?
- Can you give us some more details about having a standardized, consistent, and integrated approach?
- Designing holistically sounds very modern. How do you describe this holistic approach?
- How does technology and architecture play into the holistic approach?
- How do you put this into practice? How do you execute on it?
Learn more about ITIL
Register for a free booklet on ITIL Service Strategy
iTunes Subscribe to MP3: itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/bmc-podcasts/id335625323
Subscribe to Talk BMC Shownotes: communities.bmc.com/communities/blogs/bmcpodcasts/feeds/posts
More BMC podcasts: bmc.com/podcasts