Keeping up with the demands of today’s digital business isn’t easy. Customers and employees are looking for a great customer experience every time. New applications are rolling out. The pressure to lower operational costs is ever present. And the data just keeps on coming.
And then comes—your mainframe monthly license charge (MLC) invoice. Is the rolling 4-hour average (R4HA) taking a big bite out of your budget? Do you spend too much time validating the invoice and trying to optimize costs using spreadsheets? Are manual, inefficient processes lowering productivity?
It’s time to tackle the elephant in the room.
A leading insurance company, one of the largest in the U.S., had made the leap to become a digital insurer and was successfully using online and mobile channels to provide great customer experiences. They were ahead of the curve in digital business innovation.
But they had to ask themselves: “Do we know what is affecting the rolling 4-hour average and peak usage?” “Is there enough capacity to handle the workloads?” With a complete view of the processing peaks, IT staff was able to meet the demands of the digital era while unlocking the mystery of the rolling 4-hour average.
These questions might help you get a handle on your 4HRA and associated MLC costs:
- What products are affecting your 4HRA?
- Can you tune the workloads during the peak periods?
- Are there areas where you can proactively reduce consumption?
- Are there places where you can manage workload utilization better?
- Where can you lower capacity without affecting service?
Back to the insurance company—BMC’s MLC Cost Management solutions are bringing real value to them. They have implemented a continuous and structured approach to maintain the lowest possible MLC and they know exactly what is driving their overall mainframe costs. These same solutions can help you automate and simplify your monthly 4HRA process for greater efficiency and perhaps richer customer experiences.
- How Much Is a Picture Worth?
- Go Digital or Go Extinct
- Transforming DB2 for the Demands of Digital Healthcare
- It’s time for SHARE: Don’t let Java on z “Eat You for Lunch!”
- 7 Wonders of the World—7 Colors of the Rainbow—7 IBM Z Champions