It’s hard to believe we’re already in November but it’s true, fall is upon us. If you are a DB2 user in EMEA, it can mean only one thing…IDUG is here. The annual IDUG DB2 Tech Conference is being held in Brussels on 13-17 November. BMC is proud to confirm our dedication to this event and to DB2 on z Systems as a Gold Sponsor this year. BMC has exhibited at IDUG for more than 20 years and we are very excited to share with you how we are innovating and transforming data management on the mainframe.
We at BMC will be very involved and we hope you come see us in all parts of the conference. Our DB2 experts and architects will be holding 4 technical sessions with information on our Next Generation Technology (NGT), Automation, SQL performance, and our intelligent new workbench. We will also be co-presenting with a very exciting customer on their experiences with our database utilities with NGT. We will show you how to achieve full availability, ensure data integrity, and achieve incredible performance while simplifying your data management processes.
Come by our booth #15 in the expo hall where we will demo some of our exciting products like Workbench, MainView, NGT and of course our R4 products to help you reduce MLC charges. As always, we will have fun giveaways and freebies to take with you. This year we’re hosting a raffle for some high-end prizes. Make sure you drop by and put your name in the hat.
Last year, I presented the closing keynote, “A Perfect Storm – Challenges of a Digital Tomorrow,” where we discussed how you can stay in touch with your customer while balancing the incredible demands of the Internet of Things and Digital Business. Some of you might remember the central theme of that talk and a personal story I had shared about my disappointing experience with a mobile subscription service provider and their inability to serve me, as a client, the way I wanted and needed – on my schedule, on demand, simply, and efficiently. The symbol of this bungled customer experience became Esther, the hapless chat representative that was unable to help me with my goal of adding an account. The net of the story was that instead of gaining more of my business, the company lost 60% of my business and we both ended up with bad feelings after 45 arduous minutes that I will never get back (see, I’m still scarred. A year later this can still raise my ire). I’m sure every one of us has a similar story or battle scar and my admonition to you all then and now is please “Don’t be like Esther!”
This year, I’m relying on you to keep me informed – Tweet (@BMCSoftware #mainframe), get social, connect with us on LinkedIn – and let me know the highlights of this prestigious conference. I’ll be waiting!
We are eager to start the conversations. Let’s make this year’s IDUG EMEA the most productive and dynamic yet. Join us!
- Booth # 15 – Be sure to stop by and enter our daily raffle
- BMC Next Generation Technology for DB2 – Realizing the benefits, Fernando Bueno, DB Manager – RSI, Co-presenter Phil Grainger, November 15, 11:30 – 12:30
- The 3 P’s of Triggers – Performance, Pitfalls and PL⁄SQL, Phil Grainger, November 14, 15:10 – 16:10
- SQL Performance Tuning in 2016, Sheryl Larsen, November 15, 10:20 – 11:20
- DB2 Backup and Recovery Best Practices, Ken McDonald, November 17, 9:40 – 10:40
- Don’t Let the Bits Byte You! DB2 and Translation, Anne Brittle, November 17, 11:00 – 12:00
- The Z14 – Innovation and Trust on the Mainframe
- Mainframe MLC, Jobs/STCs, and Neapolitan Ice Cream – Part 1: How to Choose?
- 3 Wicked MLC Moves to Reduce Your Mainframe Costs
- Is Your House Smarter than Your Mainframe?
- Shared Savings – The Single Best Way to Acquire Mainframe Software