Hotlanta is Hotter Still When SHARE and BMC Come to Town
Are you going to SHARE Atlanta 2016 on July 31-Aug 4? We would enjoy talking with you while you are at the conference. As mainframe professionals, we can all relate the following scenarios. You have likely heard one or more of these statements:
- “We need to improve application availability.”
- “We have to lower the cost of the running the mainframe.”
- “We must find and fix problems before customers are impacted – but how?’
- “Java applications are rolling out but we lack visibility into how they are impacting other workloads.”
- “How can we provide lighting fast response times 24×7?”
Truth is, the world has changed in new and exciting ways for all of us. When I heard that over 90% of all new customer facing apps require a mainframe to complete – I had to sit down and let it sink in. Once it did, I realized that it puts all of us and the mainframe squarely in the hot seat to deliver what our customers are demanding – applications that are available all day every day, with white-hot response times. The good news is that Mainframe IT has stepped up to this challenge by rolling out new and updated applications with improved availability and response times. These new applications are driving increased and growing transactions loads that are unpredictable and volatile. Oh yeah, and we need to do all of that while lowering costs.
All of this presents us with challenges, but the SHARE agenda includes plenty of opportunities to learn how you can address these issues head-on. Come see BMC at booth #412, and you’ll see some amazing demos, talk with some fun people, and get real answers.
We also hope to see you at these sessions:
|Day||Session Title||Start Time||End Time||Room||Speakers|
|Tue||Improving XCF performance to keep up with CPC improvements||10:00 AM||11:00 AM||L508||Donald Zeunert|
|Tue||LUNCH & LEARN – In the Blink of an Eye – Has Your Job Changed in Mainframe Systems Management||12:30 PM||1:30 PM||L508||Jay Lipovich|
|Tue||Challenges of MSU Capping Without Impacting SLA’s||3:15 PM||4:15 PM||L508||Donald Zeunert|
Looking forward to seeing you at SHARE 2016 in Atlanta!
- Five Essentials for Proactive Automated Mainframe Operations
- What Digital Change Means for the Mainframe
- Announcing the BMC MainView for Java® Environments Beta Program Expansion
- IDUG Portugal – Another Successful EMEA Conference
- It’s 2016: Is your Mainframe Ready for the Digital Era?