Someone once told me, “To have choice is a luxury.” This observation wasn’t shared with me in the context of technology or even the business environment, but, the concept applies quite nicely to both (and to just about any other aspect of our lives, but I’ll leave that discussion for another day). The introduction of cloud-based technology offerings brought a new concept of choice to IT professionals. Now, we not only choose between vendors, we choose between cloud and on-premises deployment models. The rapid adoption and business endorsement of these technologies has catapulted cloud-based technology offerings to a status of “legitimate contender” in the technology decision process for nearly every organization, regardless of industry, compliance mandates, or company culture. Simply stated, the rapid maturity of cloud-based technologies provides technology professionals the “luxury of choice.”
Choice, however, can be overwhelming. Which model is best for my company? What if I make the wrong choice? Does cloud really deliver the promised benefits? I’ve never done this before, is it even possible? The questions can go on and on, leaving you and your colleagues more confused than ever. However, choosing whether to deploy your IT service management (ITSM) solution in the cloud or on premises doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Join Pink Elephant’s George Spalding and me for a live webinar where we will discuss the merits of both deployment models and provide practical advice to help you select the model that’s best for your organization. More specifically, we’ll explore:
- The current IT service management solutions landscape
- Evaluation criteria you should consider during your selection process
- Must-have capabilities, regardless of deployment model
- The merits of a hybrid model
- The Zoo: What’s New in MyIT & Service Broker 3.2
- BMC’s Remedy vs Remedyforce: What’s The Difference?
- Account Unlocks & Password Resets – Are You Ignoring a Multimillion-Dollar a Year Problem?
- Considerations in Service Desk Outsourcing and Offshoring
- IT Cultural Change Hack #1: Want trumps Need