In December of 2014, BMC released Application Accelerator for IMS V1.2 that enhances support for BMP processing. Here are the benefits you can expect from this important release:
- Usability improvements, including the ability to provide more complex criteria when specifying Segment Search Arguments (SSA).
- Support for Boolean AND operators (i.e. W=x AND Y=z).
- Expands the range of SSAs to include those using the F command code.
- New support for PROCSEQ statement.
- Improved performance. Processing the data via a secondary index provides direct access to the data in the order that the program needs the information.
- Cost savings. Eliminated the need to read all data and then sort to it into the sequence needed by the application.
- Also, you can now make IMS calls without the processing needed to reposition in a database by using POS=M.