Christmas has come early to us at BMC with the arrival of our brand-new IBM z14! We couldn’t contain our excitement as we unwrapped the machine and started playing! We know that our goal to provide the most innovative, effective, and valuable solutions to our Mainframe customers will only be better served with this new arrival. To be an essential partner in our customers’ success, we want to be at the forefront of leading-edge technologies and we couldn’t be more thrilled that BMC is one of the first proud owners of a new IBM z14. Machine #11, as a matter of fact.
You might ask, “Why all the excitement? Why the rush?” It’s simple. We are a customer-centric organization committed to helping our customers accelerate value, as well as mitigate costs and risks. This is part of our core identity. The acquisition of the new IBM z14 will help us to serve and delight our customers (and ourselves as well!).
By implementing a new IBM z14, BMC can:
- Accelerate our understanding of the new technology
- Research and evaluate new IBM features like pervasive encryption and assess its impact to you
- Identify programming and service changes ahead of time
- Stress test and volume test to the max to bullet-proof our software on the latest IBM hardware
- Exploit the new z14 capabilities in our products and solutions
- Bring you innovation and advancements faster
By purchasing the very latest in technology from IBM, BMC can help you unleash the power and value of the mainframes running your businesses. We hope you see this as we do – another reflection of our commitment to the z platform as a trusted driver of digital business today.
“IBM Z helps clients tackle today’s most difficult challenges with breakthrough technology and capability,” said Ross Mauri, general manager, IBM Z. “You’d expect it to have massive transaction scale, and it does. Even better, its ability to pervasively encrypt application data at scale is second to none. IBM z14 and the solutions BMC provides can help our mutual customers accelerate their digital business journey.”
Additional information regarding our implementation of the z14 can be found in our Press Release from November 16, 2017.
- Three Ways to Slash the Cost of Managing Mainframe Networks from BMC – An IBM Systems Magazine Webinar
- IDUG EMEA is Here. Be There or Be Square & Whatever You Do, Don’t Be Like Esther!
- Jiving with Java 2: BFF Java and the Mainframe
- When Is zIIP Offload Not What It Seems?
- SQL Performance and the Land Down Under – Sheryl Larsen Tours Australia