Is your business a digital thriver or digital survivor? Answer these nine questions to find out:
1. Does your business focus more on strategic outcomes and user experience more so than operational costs and employee productivity? Yes or No?
2. Is every aspect of your company seamlessly automated to meet the needs of the business? Yes or No?
3. Does your business recognize the inevitable growth of mobility, and is quick to test, adopt, and completely integrate new technologies and applications with a streamlined delivery process? Yes or No?
4. Does your business have a dedicated IT team that aligns with your business model and goals? Yes or No?
5. Does your IT group assign executive-level individuals to each of your company’s lines of business? Yes or No?
6. Does your company not only allow but also encourage and empower employees and end-users to perform IT self-service? Yes or No?
7. Does your IT service model support Big Data analytics, and is it able to make decisions and predictions based on that data? Yes or No?
8. Does your company use an intelligent compliance system to monitor and discover potential risks and compliance issues? Yes or No?
9. Does your company hire IT group employees based on their knowledge and expertise instead of their college degrees? Yes or No?
For every question you answered ”yes,” give yourself 1 point! Now add them up, and have a look at the key below to see whether your score designates your business as a Digital Thriver, a Digital Contender, or a Digital Survivor.
For more insights on digital thrivers and survivors, see the IDC and BMC White Paper, “Moving Beyond the Costs and Risks of IT Friction.”